GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hey all console lovers and website enthusiasts read! A wicked Idea!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 17:09
Regular
Hey i thought i would post this in here as most people sho come to this forum obviously like web design, site running in some way.

Well i think that the people of the boards should make a massssssive gaming site! Im talking PS2,PSX,X-Box,DC,GC,GBC,GBA,PC,Gadgets and so-on, i have the domain PS2-Portal.com so that could be used for the site and anyone else who has a gaming related domain could use them towards this if they arent getting much use.

We could easily get enough reviewers, previewers and people to write columns and so on and i would be happy to lead a team of designers to make and run the site. If we got a big staff base we could make the site huge.

What do you all think? Ask questions in this topic. If you are definetly interested in helping email: [email protected]

BTW we would host it on freeola, coz its free! :)

Get Back to me and tell me what you all think!
Tue 23/04/02 at 23:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
So? With PHP you have full filesystem access and can access more databases than ASP can. It's also free, more secure and alot faster than ASP. Plus you can run it on Linux systems that run on normal x86 architecture PCs, so you don't need special PowerPC, etc. servers. As the song goes:

"Anything you can do, I can do better", and it really can!
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:11
ASP is like a mix of VB (very powerful windows programming language) and JScript (a scripting language). It can edit the servers file system, access databases etc. You name it, it does it!
Tue 23/04/02 at 16:10
ASP is like a mix of VB (very powerful windows programming language) and JScript (a scripting language). It can edit the servers file system, access databases. You name it, it does it!
Sat 20/04/02 at 16:58
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I can only do HTML :( XML is looking good though...
is ASP better than PHP? i've no idea of what ASP does, I usually see sites with quite powerful things happening on .asp pages.
Sat 20/04/02 at 12:55
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
A word of advice.

Just be aware of what you are getting into.

I ran a site called GamingAttitude.com.

Although the site did very well, and support was good from developers. Covering so many formats all at once is a nightmare.

There is so much material around it is hard to please every section of the gaming market.

I would recommend dedicating to 1 platform, be it PC games or PS2 or Xbox or whatever.

You will have a better visitor count trust me.
Sat 20/04/02 at 12:11
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
So can I!
Sat 20/04/02 at 11:54
Hey men, we need to get some idea of the design.

Are we gonna use SSI , frames or ASP or PHP for the design?

If u use something like SSI then you could have different prople working on different bits of the site, all with the same design!

PS: I can do html and asp if u need me
Thu 18/04/02 at 16:04
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
lol
Thu 18/04/02 at 07:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Can you recompile a kernel with your eyes closed? :)
Thu 18/04/02 at 06:09
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Hey, N64 too!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.