GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ARE GAMES GETTING LESS EXCITING?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 14:59
Regular
Hi this is my first post so i hope its a good un and know harsh comments on my spelling,im only 15 for crying out loud hahahahah anyway ive felt this way for along time now that games arnt as fun as what games were like for say the 1st next generation games consoles i.e N64,Playstation,ect.
Ya probably think im some kinda idiot but ive been playing games since i was 5 and ive gone thru numerious games consoles(sega mastersystem,nes,snes,gb,gba,n64,ps1,ps2,dc ta name but a few :) and played more than 10,000 games ( no joke a quarter of those i bought and the rest i either played on demo or round my m8s . Rember when games like MGS1 and Final Fantasy 7 was realesed? At the time they were ground breaking , games that when ppl played them gave them weird fellings inside themselves (anxiety Thats why i want to become a games designer, i want to introduce new elements to games,elemnts the shiguoit mimamoto(spelling :)) and hidro Kojomi would be proud of. After palying games for a long time you start ta relise that many games are greatly influenced and as yet the only games cosole i have played which has the most original games for it has benn the dreamcast.Ya may say that ps2 is better and indeed it is but what i said is "original games" which sega make in orbundance.Phantsay Star Online (first online cosole game to break new boudaries ) SHENMUE ( the dearest game ever created and the first game off its kind,forget shadow of memories! ) samda da amigo,chu-chu rocket,crazy taki,virtua tennis,sonic adventure ta name but a few.So to conclude,games devolpers ARE running out of ideas ( just look at MGS 2 s plot for proof of that )why dya think hideo kojimi wants ta get anew devolper for MGS 3? becuasue he knows he has ballsed the whole thing up?! the plot i mean,,,everything else cant be bettred,by no 1 and by no game aahahahahahah anyway what im saying is games devolpers give some of us yougsters to express are fellings on games more and stress games will become better,just look at XBOX when it was being devolped the microsoft buds went round asking questions and surveying local ppl and well just look at the xbox NOW?? huge potential for best console evr !? no joke if it wernt for us, the people the cosole would never have became as cool as it has as is said for every other cosole ever made...............

x-citing
Thu 25/04/02 at 20:42
Regular
"I like cheese"
Guyzer wrote:
> Ant I think you got voted as nobable not notable.

Humm...indeed. Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I'll take it as an insult. {:)

Anyway, I'm busy sticking up for Liam in his updated Poll topic. Come join me.
Thu 25/04/02 at 20:40
Ant I think you got voted as nobable not notable.
Thu 25/04/02 at 20:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
Guyzer wrote:
> Ant that was pretty funny but you don't calm anything down because
> your always the one who gives it abuse.
> Stamp on that Ant

Hmmm...well, I did just give abuse to Mystique on her MSN topic, but I was only joking around.

Sort of.

And look at me, socializing with newbies. Oops, maybe I shouldn't call you newbies, Stryke would have a go at me for being "judgemental" again.
Thu 25/04/02 at 20:29
And my name is John
Thu 25/04/02 at 20:28
Ant that was pretty funny but you don't calm anything down because your always the one who gives it abuse.
Stamp on that Ant
Thu 25/04/02 at 20:25
Regular
"I like cheese"
Guyzer wrote:
> And my name is not mark it's John.

Okay Mark.

Anyway, Ant's here now, and you can all calm down. You see, I have a calming presence, and in that presence nothing shall go wrong...

Ouch. Just poked myself in the eye with the microphone.
Thu 25/04/02 at 20:02
Regular
""ill be back ""
Guyzer wrote:
> Liam can we put this childish behaviour in the past and afterall your
> topic is not that bad just a bit of messing around.

Thanks for understanding....A MESSAGE TO FUTURE READERS OF THIS TOPIC,READ THE ACTUALL TOPIC POST NOT THE REST OF IT,I REPEAT NOT THE REST OF IT,i stand down
Thu 25/04/02 at 19:59
And my name is not mark it's John.
hey i said how i felt about the topic. i said it was mad, which it is. and there's way too much petty arguing going on to take this whole topic seriously. But hey, ur initial ideas werent bad.
Liam can we put this childish behaviour in the past and afterall your topic is not that bad just a bit of messing around.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.