GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox- the worst console out of the 3"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 11:15
Regular
Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it. Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller. The control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four crap "jewel buttons"

and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already, and GC will be bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all in making consoles.

Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to Xbox.
Sun 14/04/02 at 11:15
Regular
Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it. Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller. The control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four crap "jewel buttons"

and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already, and GC will be bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all in making consoles.

Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to Xbox.
Sun 14/04/02 at 11:40
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Why is this in the Nintendo forum?
Just because your a Nintendo Fan doesn't mean you have to not like Xbox!
Every console has there strong points and weak points as well you know!
Sun 14/04/02 at 12:04
Regular
"Link to the Future"
And why did you say the PS2 is better than the gamecube? It isn't. You mentioned the only good games (well you didn't mention Tekken Tag). GameCube has more good games in it's launch line-up than the PS2 has had since it was out ages ago. I'll just say the games Star Wars Rouge Leader, Luigi's Mansion, Super Monkey Ball, Wave Race Blue Storm and Sonic (well maybe Sonic doesn't stand too well against the others judging the reviews.)
Sun 14/04/02 at 12:09
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Gamecube has a great set of release games....
Wonderful, and I suppose that means that there will be great games coming out for ever and ever just because there is a good set of games on launch?
Remember the N64, that had some great release titles but after that, good games were few and far between.
Just becaue it has a good launch title list doesn't mean that the rest of the games developed are going to be any good.
You've gotta wait!
Sun 14/04/02 at 12:10
"Mimmargh!"
Gnome_Killer44 wrote:
> And why did you say the PS2 is better than the gamecube? It isn't. You
> mentioned the only good games (well you didn't mention Tekken Tag).
> GameCube has more good games in it's launch line-up than the PS2 has
> had since it was out ages ago. I'll just say the games Star Wars Rouge
> Leader, Luigi's Mansion, Super Monkey Ball, Wave Race Blue Storm and
> Sonic (well maybe Sonic doesn't stand too well against the others
> judging the reviews.)

And Super Smash Bros, and I resent people saying Nintendo is for kids!
If buying a GameCube makes me a little kid then I'm guilty!
Sun 14/04/02 at 12:31
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
What's so good with a good set of launch games?

Sure it will make you think that it's worth buying at first, but when you think harder, what does this promise you about future games? Nothing!!
I'm gonna wait before I think about getting a GC, I still havn't recovered from the mistake of buying an N64! (and South Park)
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:23
what's wrong with some of you gamecube fans are you so worried that your console will flop that you have to constantly run down the opposition.All the next gen consoles have +'s & -'s so it really is down to what you want out of your machine.
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:54
zero wrote:
> Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it.
> Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu
> have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller. The
> control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four
> crap "jewel buttons"
>
> and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only
> £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with
> greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3
>
> face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to
> burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!
>
> ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already, and GC will be
> bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all
> in making consoles.
>
> Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion
> won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to Xbox.

Allow me to take your argument and rip it to shreds.

Its big? And? Your point is? Ever heard the phrase 'Bigger is better'? Wouldnt that mean the gamecube is the worst? Or heres a better one that fits perfectly - 'Size doesnt matter' and it doesnt. If you buy your console to put it in a case and hang it on the wall then maybe you should care what it looks like but other than that it doesnt matter if it was 50 cm's high and coloured pink with yello dots and blue stripes.

One good game? Thats opinion. Your opinion. The controller thing is also your opinion. Some people will say the same about the gamecube controller. Some people will say they dont like the PS2 controller. Fact beats opinion. Everyone has their own opinion and opinions differ but a facts a fact.

£300 too expensive for a console? Remember the PS2? It was £300 when it first came out. Must have slipped your mind.

Wrong again. X-Box will be bought by people who want to buy it. People who like the look of the games. People who know they will like it.

Experience? No company has experience when they first start out. The first console sony made. The first ninteno made. Sega. The first game THQ made. Acclaim.
Nobody in the world is born with experience.

GC bought by lots of children? Who do you think will buy the X-Box. 90 year old people in pensioner homes? PS2 has platinum titles because its been out for over a year. When the X-Box has been out for a year it could have platinum titles.

Who says the PS won? You? Your friend? Your cousins pet dog? Neither console has won. Both of them are still alive and both of them still have a lot of people who play them.

I think I covered everything you said.

Im getting bored of reading these 'I R FANBOY. X-BoX/PS2 Sux0rs' posts.
SR should make people who want to join the boards take an IQ test first.
The next person who says 'X-Box sucks cause it is too big' should be banned, imprisoned for 10 years then hung, drawn and quatered!
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:55
"Mimmargh!"
Once again people have to start a console war, I'm sick and tired of these posts and I've only been here about 16 days lol! The Notables must be so sick of it!
Sun 14/04/02 at 21:02
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Console wars are cool cause you can argue lots. Which I kinda like, for some reason.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.