GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So..Female Doctor Who."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/07/17 at 12:22
"possibly impossible"
As everyone else is doing it and we never have any threads on this page (bar spam)...What does everyone think of the new Doctor Who announcement?

Indifferent? Glad? Upset? Raging? Ecstatic?

I think she's a good choice, seems to be a good actress and will give a different slant on the show. I'm also being entertained by the internet rage from a certain corner at the same time.
Fri 21/07/17 at 15:19
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm loving the reactions to the anti-female Dr Who brigade. Here's a great one:

"I love it how people think Dr Who being a woman spoils the realism of someone travelling space & time in a phonebox fighting bins with plungers on them."
Thu 20/07/17 at 18:31
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The female Dr Who jokes are coming thick and fast. Here's a taster:

"The new Doctor has just been announced as a female called Jodie Whittaker. God help those Daleks if they've not done the tidying, leave the toilet seat up, turn up late for battle, or forget the anniversary of their first conflict."
Thu 20/07/17 at 08:39
Regular
"@RichSmedley"

DL wrote:
which I understand is 'an on-going project'!

Ah the old "on-going project" excuse. When my dad asks me why I haven't done something in the house or garden I just tell him it's an "on-going project".

OK it's been on-going for a few years but as they say the best things in life take time.
Wed 19/07/17 at 22:16
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Apparently so ... it certainly needed new worktops and the centre console was rather 'old fashioned' and in need of 'renovation' ... which I understand is 'an on-going project'!

But, as my sister has chosen not to speak to me for the last two and a half years, who cares a monkey! It was her 'career' choice.
Wed 19/07/17 at 18:07
"possibly impossible"

DL wrote:
This is an 'aside' ...

my sister lived next door to 'Bunny' Patrick's partner for many years. She left their home 2 years ago and Bunny offered it to my sister. My sister bought the bungalow and it is still being renovated as I post :¬)

But is it bigger on the inside?
Mon 17/07/17 at 20:00
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
This is an 'aside' ...

my sister lived next door to 'Bunny' Patrick's partner for many years. She left their home 2 years ago and Bunny offered it to my sister. My sister bought the bungalow and it is still being renovated as I post :¬)
Mon 17/07/17 at 19:28
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm all for it as long as she was selected purely on her acting talents and not because people have been going on about wanting a female Dr Who for ages (I can't comment on how good an actress she is as I've never seen anything she's been in).

Like pb I've been keeping an eye out on internet sites and people giving their reactions to the appointment and I have to say I can't believe some of the venom that has been spouted against her selection. What's wrong with a woman in a role that's only been filled by men in the past? Nothing!

Female James Bond next? (Although presumably she'd have to be called something like Jane Bond, but could still drink a shaken not stirred martini).
Mon 17/07/17 at 15:30
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Why not? I've not watched any since Patrick Troughton was the Doctor. Should make a refreshing change :¬)
Mon 17/07/17 at 13:49
Regular
"And in last place.."
From the options given I will choose indifferent.

I don't mind Doctor Who but I have not watched any of it in years. I don't actually think I've seen any of the episodes with the current bloke - I believe I drifted away sometime shortly after David Tennant moved on.

Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about with the gender change.
Mon 17/07/17 at 12:22
"possibly impossible"
As everyone else is doing it and we never have any threads on this page (bar spam)...What does everyone think of the new Doctor Who announcement?

Indifferent? Glad? Upset? Raging? Ecstatic?

I think she's a good choice, seems to be a good actress and will give a different slant on the show. I'm also being entertained by the internet rage from a certain corner at the same time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.