GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"wildcard email address"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/07/17 at 19:45
Regular
Hi, been with freeola years. I have a wildcard email address $@"old domain" co uk which work great. But I just bought a new domain, and the $@"new domain" doesnt forward to the selected email. I get an email bounce from you on my test emails. If i set up a real email andy@"new domain" it works fine. What am i doing wrong?

i get error

SMTP error from remote server for RCPT TO command, host: mx2.freeola.com (109.71.173.43) reason: 550 E-mail address is not handled by this system

. thanks, Andy
Thu 06/07/17 at 14:25
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for that.
As I mentioned I didn't know a 'catch all' setup was available with Freeola.

Might be useful one day - but a bit worried that the dictionary attack spammers would have a field day with it!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 05/07/17 at 22:10
Regular
I have specific email adress's Andy@domain but i also want to capture email to everything-else@domain to a special mailbox. To do this, I have setup a mail account [email protected] and FW-ed that to my special catchall account. works a treat. so all these applications you make online, you can give "throwaway" email address's, and still actuall recieve the email, (to you special/junk email account). I just bought a new domain, and I cant get it to work. yet it works on my 30+ other domains. I will raise a ticket as suggested, and let you know here when it is sorted. regards, Andy.
Wed 05/07/17 at 21:52
"Are you sure?"
Hot day for running around! (weather reference!)

Can you describe email wildcard with Freeola as that's not something I'm aware of?
It might be something I can use...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 05/07/17 at 21:00
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Sorry, was having a day off to watch the kids sports day! Not sure why everyone else missed this though, will have words!
As mentioned, please send us a support ticket if you haven't already done so, with the email address details and we'll get this looked into.

To be fair Hmmm...., apart from posts about the weather, we get very few posts here, so much so that it's easy to forget to check!

Post edited by Eccles on 05/07/2017 at 21:02.
Wed 05/07/17 at 18:01
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Looks like you might be better off raising a Support Ticket Freeola are more *responsive there...

FWIW - I didn't know you could use wildcard emails with Freeola!

Lots of people seem to ask for help and are never seen again - please report back on how you get on :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

* Come on Freeola! You are adding 'online chat' etc. to your website it doesn't make sense to ignore customer forum queries?!? :¬)
Tue 04/07/17 at 19:45
Regular
Hi, been with freeola years. I have a wildcard email address $@"old domain" co uk which work great. But I just bought a new domain, and the $@"new domain" doesnt forward to the selected email. I get an email bounce from you on my test emails. If i set up a real email andy@"new domain" it works fine. What am i doing wrong?

i get error

SMTP error from remote server for RCPT TO command, host: mx2.freeola.com (109.71.173.43) reason: 550 E-mail address is not handled by this system

. thanks, Andy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.