GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 PC/PS3/PS4/XBOX 360/XBox One"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/05/17 at 23:51
Regular
"Braaains"
Resident Evil: Revelations was a surprise hit for Capcom, at a time when Resident Evil 6 was receiving a less than stellar reception. The ocean-based horror finally made Resident Evil feel fresh again. So it was only natural that Capcom revisit it and produce a sequel. Unfortunately, the result is a mess.

As you might expect, Revelations 2 is an over-the-shoulder shooter, which pitches you against all various foes. And by 'various', I mean knock-offs of the zombies from previous games. The only difference is they appear to be cloaked in sackcloth. Barry Burton and Claire Redfield, both series semi-regulars, return. In fact everything from the series returns, and not in a good way.

Revelations is dull as ditchwater, for the simple fact that it's Resident Evil by the numbers. Every location seems recycled from previous games and even if you're a newcomer to the series, there are far better games out there. It's lacking any humour, and while it's no cakewalk, completing an episode feels oddly unsatisfying.

Yes, it's episodic. Which is in itself absurd as all four episodes were released at the same time, so there was no reason for it to be so. True, Revelations had an episodic feel to it, but the storyline was so well paced, and the episodes so short that it was genuinely suspenseful. Here you've got four episodes of utter tedium.

Were it not sporting the Resident Evil name i doubt Revelations would even have got greenlit. You've got dull run of the mill enemies, boxy levels - speaking of which, there's actually a box-shoving puzzle at once point - and it's genuinely hard to find anything to redeem this game.

No matter how much of a Resident Evil completist you are, there's no reason to get this. Resident Evil 7 is a far superior game and you're best off saving your cash for that. This just feels like a cheap and nasty cash grab.

We can only hope that Revelations 1 hits current generation platforms at some point but for now, this mess is best avoided.

Post edited by Hannard on 07/05/2017 at 23:52.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 07/05/17 at 23:51
Regular
"Braaains"
Resident Evil: Revelations was a surprise hit for Capcom, at a time when Resident Evil 6 was receiving a less than stellar reception. The ocean-based horror finally made Resident Evil feel fresh again. So it was only natural that Capcom revisit it and produce a sequel. Unfortunately, the result is a mess.

As you might expect, Revelations 2 is an over-the-shoulder shooter, which pitches you against all various foes. And by 'various', I mean knock-offs of the zombies from previous games. The only difference is they appear to be cloaked in sackcloth. Barry Burton and Claire Redfield, both series semi-regulars, return. In fact everything from the series returns, and not in a good way.

Revelations is dull as ditchwater, for the simple fact that it's Resident Evil by the numbers. Every location seems recycled from previous games and even if you're a newcomer to the series, there are far better games out there. It's lacking any humour, and while it's no cakewalk, completing an episode feels oddly unsatisfying.

Yes, it's episodic. Which is in itself absurd as all four episodes were released at the same time, so there was no reason for it to be so. True, Revelations had an episodic feel to it, but the storyline was so well paced, and the episodes so short that it was genuinely suspenseful. Here you've got four episodes of utter tedium.

Were it not sporting the Resident Evil name i doubt Revelations would even have got greenlit. You've got dull run of the mill enemies, boxy levels - speaking of which, there's actually a box-shoving puzzle at once point - and it's genuinely hard to find anything to redeem this game.

No matter how much of a Resident Evil completist you are, there's no reason to get this. Resident Evil 7 is a far superior game and you're best off saving your cash for that. This just feels like a cheap and nasty cash grab.

We can only hope that Revelations 1 hits current generation platforms at some point but for now, this mess is best avoided.

Post edited by Hannard on 07/05/2017 at 23:52.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.