GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Increase in email 'spoofing'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/04/17 at 13:29
Staff
We've noticed a recent surge in spoof emails. To find out more and make sure you don't become a victim of a scam, you can check out our blog post - What Is Email Spoofing?
Tue 11/04/17 at 18:09
"Are you sure?"
Hi Mello,
I appreciate this isn't an easy thing to deal with - the way the spammers manage to find every email account on a domain even if it's never been published etc. is impressive (in a bad way!).

But where the headers show "found to be clean" makes me think whatever you are using to scan needs updating.

As I said, it's not an easy task.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 11/04/17 at 17:58
Staff
Hi Hmmm...

While we do try to filter out spam before it reaches your inbox, spammers are a moving target and are always coming up with new ways to bypass spam filters.

We are constantly trying to make sure that we are filtering out spam emails - whilst being mindful about not filtering out legitimate emails. Unfortunately it's a reactive process rather than a proactive one!

For the meantime, we would just like to make sure that people are aware, and urge them to be vigilant when it comes to any suspicious looking mail.
Tue 11/04/17 at 15:39
"Are you sure?"
Yes, over the last few days I've seen a number of dodgy 'spoofed' emails - both from my own Freeola registered domains and Freeola's free ones - i.e. ip3.co.uk - the latest was from documents@ ip3 and copier@ my own domains.

Not good, as I know this can be unsettling for people who own the domain!

Good old Google Gmail junks the lot - but they make it though if picked up directly.

Google sees the malicious file but looking at the headers Freeola's filters say:
"X-Removed-Scanned: Found to be clean" ? (via standard email)

Today I've seen a batch of dodgy RBS BACs spam emails - again Gmail says they are malicious but Freeola's filters say "clean".

Can anything be done to improve this?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 11/04/17 at 13:29
Staff
We've noticed a recent surge in spoof emails. To find out more and make sure you don't become a victim of a scam, you can check out our blog post - What Is Email Spoofing?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.