GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Adding a 'www' record so my site can be found..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/02/17 at 14:56
Regular
HI this may be a very basic question for most but I cant find where to add in the option for adding www to my url so that i can be found under 'www.angcreativedesign.co.uk' and just 'angcreativedesign.co.uk' - if you can help please give me very basic instructions as Im really not great at this stuff!!

my site is actually hosted with tso but the urls were bought under freeola
many thanks
Mon 20/02/17 at 11:20
"Are you sure?"
Pleased to see you've managed to sort this now :¬)

Remember to post an update if you are able to help others with similar queries in the future.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 18/02/17 at 19:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Angieandco wrote:
The TSO host people directed me back to freeola to the DNS records and advanced tab to add the 'a' record - knew it was there somewhere but couldnt find it!!

thanks for your reply anyway!!

In another similar post ... removing an 'a' record required a support ticket, perhaps adding an 'a' record also requires a support ticket ... just a thought :¬)
Sat 18/02/17 at 18:53
Regular
The TSO host people directed me back to freeola to the DNS records and advanced tab to add the 'a' record - knew it was there somewhere but couldnt find it!!

thanks for your reply anyway!!
Sat 18/02/17 at 18:25
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

If you register and host with Freeola both www and non-www URLs will work fine - just saying ;¬)

You certainly need to fix this as lots of people will add www if trying to visit your website, which currently fails (as you will know).

From the top of my head I think this will probably be something you need to raise with your hosting company - but I could be wrong!

See what other replies you get and also ask your hosts...

FYI - I see you've opted out of showing address details using WHOIS, as you are a 'business' that's not right so could cause problems for you.

Please try to post back with how things go.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 18/02/17 at 14:56
Regular
HI this may be a very basic question for most but I cant find where to add in the option for adding www to my url so that i can be found under 'www.angcreativedesign.co.uk' and just 'angcreativedesign.co.uk' - if you can help please give me very basic instructions as Im really not great at this stuff!!

my site is actually hosted with tso but the urls were bought under freeola
many thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.