GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"InstantPro - (1) Uploading documents and (2) Allow visitors to post links?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/01/17 at 12:26
Regular
Hi
I'm setting up a page for my band, and
(1) I want to be able to post PDFs of songs showing chord structures, changes etc but can't find the correct procedure to be able to do this. Following on from this, I'd like to open up a whole new set of pages under the main page but can't seem to work out how to do this - e.g. MainPage -> SongList -> Artist?

Also, (2) I'd like other members of the band to use a passworded guestbook-style page so they can post stuff and also allow them to post links to pages with interesting songs etc; but posting clickable URLs appears to be disallowed. Any ideas how to achieve this? They don't have freeola accounts or access to InstantPro.

Thanks
Mon 16/01/17 at 13:40
Regular

Hmmm... wrote:

You can turn on/off the ReCaptcha settings so having something similar for links sounds fair enough. Especially if the 'moderation before posting' option is in use to stop spambots going mad.

Yup, also why I'm using the password option for that particular page!
Mon 16/01/17 at 13:36
"Are you sure?"
No problem.

NB. I was probably editing my earlier reply when you were typing yours...

Hopefully a staffie will pick up your request - or use the 'feedback' options :¬)

You can turn on/off the ReCaptcha settings so having something similar for links sounds fair enough. Especially if the 'moderation before posting' option is in use to stop spambots going mad.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 16/01/17 at 13:29
Regular
Aha! (1(a)), I think I just had a "d'oh" moment. Thanks for that, still getting my head round the terminology and methods of InstantPro.

As regards links in guestbooks, that may have to do. Seems it won't allow posting of "http://www.xyz.abc.com", but "www.xyz.abc.com" works (although it's still not clickable).
Can I make this a feature request?

Cheers
Mon 16/01/17 at 13:15
"Are you sure?"
1/
Re. PDFs here's a link to a Freeola tutorial Uploading Documents.

1a/
You can do this by creating new pages but use the option not to add them to the main navigation. Then create your own links (text or image etc.) to take visitors to those sub-pages.

2/
Looks like you'll either have to go with non-clickable links or use another service for this unless I'm missing an option.

You used to be able to add your own forum using a Freeola option which may have worked well for you. But looking here it looks like that's no longer available as the 'Freeola MyForums' link fails?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT - The 'Install phpBB' forum link also fails on the page I mention above.

Post edited by Hmmm... on 16/01/2017 at 13:30.
Mon 16/01/17 at 12:26
Regular
Hi
I'm setting up a page for my band, and
(1) I want to be able to post PDFs of songs showing chord structures, changes etc but can't find the correct procedure to be able to do this. Following on from this, I'd like to open up a whole new set of pages under the main page but can't seem to work out how to do this - e.g. MainPage -> SongList -> Artist?

Also, (2) I'd like other members of the band to use a passworded guestbook-style page so they can post stuff and also allow them to post links to pages with interesting songs etc; but posting clickable URLs appears to be disallowed. Any ideas how to achieve this? They don't have freeola accounts or access to InstantPro.

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.