GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Err cert common name invalid message"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/01/17 at 00:08
Regular
Can anyone help me - I recently transferred a domain to Freeola, registered it to me and pointed it at my website, hosted by Weebly in the States. To all intents and purposes it all looks good but I receive the error message above and cannot view the site. The domain used to point to another website which has since been discontinued so should have no effect on the current state of play. I have been in touch at length with Weebly, who have no problem viewing the site! This also makes it very hard for them to diagnose the problem that we have here in the UK (it's not just me that can't view, other folk have emailed and said they are receiving the same error messages.) i don't exactly know where to turn next but something ain't right because it isn't working. Frustrated as hell now, going from pillar to post. Arrgghh! Help!
Sun 15/01/17 at 17:41
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
As mentioned in your support ticket and over the phone your domain is setup at DNS level to point to Weebly using A records. What happens once the browser looks up the IP for your domain using the A record on our DNS is out of Freeola's control, we're simply acting as the map to tell browsers how to find your site.
SSL stuff is at a higher level and must be controlled by the host of your site, nothing in DNS can affect this.
I will have a bit of a think but I'm 90% sure the problem is Weebly's end.
Interestingly in the office some installations of Chrome load your site fine and others don't, with HTST kicking in.

I now see the you are using web forwarding to forward the .co.uk address to the .uk. This was not the case before was it? If you go directly to the .uk address instead of the .co.uk address does the site load OK (It does for me)?

Post edited by Eccles on 15/01/2017 at 18:44.
Fri 13/01/17 at 18:01
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to the forum!

After Googling: hsts weebly certificate error
...it looks like you may have to look at the settings you are using to forward your domain to avoid the certificate error. Some other Weebly users have had the same problem.

Let us now how you get on.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

I notice things have been moving along over the last couple of days...
Using non-SSL pages etc., and for the SSL URL I now see certificate errors for Freeola rather than Weebly:
The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.freeola.com, freeola.com The certificate expired on 07 December 2016 23:59.

Looks like you have a plan, hope it's all sorted soon.

Post edited by Hmmm... on 15/01/2017 at 12:31.
Fri 13/01/17 at 00:12
Regular
The exact error message is:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.whiskeyriver.co.uk (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
Fri 13/01/17 at 00:08
Regular
Can anyone help me - I recently transferred a domain to Freeola, registered it to me and pointed it at my website, hosted by Weebly in the States. To all intents and purposes it all looks good but I receive the error message above and cannot view the site. The domain used to point to another website which has since been discontinued so should have no effect on the current state of play. I have been in touch at length with Weebly, who have no problem viewing the site! This also makes it very hard for them to diagnose the problem that we have here in the UK (it's not just me that can't view, other folk have emailed and said they are receiving the same error messages.) i don't exactly know where to turn next but something ain't right because it isn't working. Frustrated as hell now, going from pillar to post. Arrgghh! Help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.