GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Seeing other users' logins!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/11/16 at 12:29
Regular
For a few days now, when opening the Freeola home page, before attempting to log in, it displays the following:

Logged in as:
[email protected]

The actual address is different every time and they all look like genuine users' addresses.

When I click to proceed a login page comes up with the fields empty and I can then log in, still, 3/10 See Teacher!!
Sun 06/11/16 at 22:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Hmmm... wrote:
@DL a bit different seeing a Cloudflare error rather than the issue reported here.
If you did see this error you need to be more descriptive.

I was as "more descriptive" as I could be at the time...that's all I got!

As Eccles has now said earlier ... Freeola are experiencing an issue with Cloudflare ...

Post edited by DL on 06/11/2016 at 22:16.

Wouldn't bother ... there's still a problem! Just returned from Forum Pages to Home Page and Cookie Alert Box is still there ...

Post edited by DL on 06/11/2016 at 22:20.
Sun 06/11/16 at 21:13
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Cloudflare has an issue with caching. It can't cache any page that has dynamic content, such as the login box. You saw the site is offline message last week as Cloudflare didn't have a cached version of the page and we were experiencing a DDoS, which affected site availability. We then turned on caching but had to tweak it due to issues such as those reported here.

It may be possible for us to turn off caching using headers once a user is logged in, this would potentially solve the problem this thread is about.

Post edited by Eccles on 06/11/2016 at 21:19.
Sun 06/11/16 at 20:18
"Are you sure?"
@DL a bit different seeing a Cloudflare error rather than the issue reported here.
If you did see this error you need to be more descriptive.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 06/11/16 at 19:26
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Eccles wrote:
Looks like a Cloudflare issue. Have tweaked some settings and hopefully you shouldn't see this anymore.

I mentioned this 1/11/2016 ...

"Seems as if Freeola Home Page has fallen! Something to do with Cloudfare London?"

Sun 06/11/16 at 17:39
"Are you sure?"
Yes it's a Freeola hosted site according to WHOIS.

I don't use IE11 - might have to have a play.

Hopefully @Freeola have sorted it and you were just seeing cached info which is why it stayed the same.

FYI - Just so you know your DropBox link shows your name in case you'd rather be private (like me!).

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 06/11/16 at 17:30
Regular
Tried other browsers and the issue is not there, deleted my IE history and the issue is gone. Odd though, I've never been to that guy's website or any remotely like it.
is it a Freeola site?
Sun 06/11/16 at 17:13
Regular
Still happening, today it's the same address every time.

I'm using IE11.

Screenshot at https://www.dropbox.com/s/krlcmpeuopzm21h/2016-11-06_171153.jpg?dl=0
Sun 06/11/16 at 15:09
"Are you sure?"
I've updated the original ticket.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 06/11/16 at 14:59
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."

Hmmm... wrote:
@Eccles - on a similar theme I've noticed an old issue has resurfaced and needs plugging. Please see Ticket 183172.

Let me know if you need more info or if you need a ticket raised/updated.

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Can you put in a new ticket/update the old one please just so this can be tracked properly.
Sun 06/11/16 at 14:44
"Are you sure?"
@Eccles - on a similar theme I've noticed an old issue has resurfaced and needs plugging. Please see Ticket 183172.

Let me know if you need more info or if you need a ticket raised/updated.

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.