GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Man's Sky Review"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/08/16 at 09:20
"possibly impossible"
Captain's Log. Stardate 20160810.1015

Having woken up to find my ship in pieces, I've had to scour the land for parts to fix her up. I now realise how good a job my overtly Scottish engineer did when I was back on my starship. For now, I have a tiny single-maned craft that keeps telling me I need to refuel every so often and that it 'cannie take it' unless the engines are fixed.

I believed the wildlife to be friendly at first as I trudged through the undergrowth, finding copper. zinc and plutonium for my ship. That was until some little spider-crab-scorpion thing tried to nip me on the ankle. I've named the species Trumps, because they're annoying, always pop up when you least expect it and think they own the place.

Finally, I've crafted enough resources and I won't be sorry to see the back of this planet, but my ship is now insisting that I visit a neighbouring one for more resources to build a Hyperdrive and to stop off at the nearest Space Station in order to barter with the locals. My bartering goes well and I make some extra money on the side, which may come in handy when I need a larger ship.

Captain's Log. Stardate 20160810.12:35

It seems that mining a planet dry does have its consequences. Each planet has its own security sentinels and some of them don't take kindly to my squandering of their Plutonium, Gold and other elements. Or maybe it was just because I accidentally shot one of the indigenous lifeforms here. I would have stopped to enquire if they hadn't started shooting at me and calling their buddies over to help out.

Thankfully, jumping in my ship and moving a few miles away seems to have done the trick and they've stopped bothering to search for me. The other local sentinels don't seem that bothered, must be a border thing. I have, however, stumbled across a small cabin and a friendly frog-like alien who tried to teach me his language in return for resources. His handy machine outside led me to a monolith that somehow taught me a few more words. I'll have this language cracked in no time, Maybe I could go into business selling travel guides for this galaxy while I'm here?

Captain's Log. Stardate 20160810.13:05

My ship is happy. It has a Hyperdrive fitted and the asteroid belt around this area has provided plenty of fuel for our journey to the next galaxy. I'm starting to feel like I'll miss this place.

We make the jump and watch pretty trippy lightshows appear across the hull of my ship until we jump back out of Hyperspace and find a brand new galaxy to explore.

It all looks quite peaceful from up here and I've already visited the local space station for upgrades, meeting yet another alien species in the process. I think I'm going to like it here.

Captain's Log. Stardate 20160810.16:23

Ruuuuuuuun! {Log ends}

Captain's Log. Stardate 20160810.16:25

It's lucky my ship can re-assemble my atoms but I still find it odd visiting my own grave to pick up my belongings. I barely looked at the sentinels here before they had a go at me, but I'd stupidly parked my ship up a steep hill and couldn't get back in time.

I've found an old mining factory but it's locked. I'll need to blast my way in while the sentinels aren't looking. They don't take kindly to breaking and entering for some reason.

Captain's Log. Stardate 20160810.16:48

One quick escape later and I've completely refitted out my equipment. Now lets see the local wildlife try to attack me without a fight!

I' finally feel like I'm ready to take on the universe, one galaxy at a time. Now to find some more Hyperdrive fuel and check if those 15m high creatures over there are friendly....

8/10 (Temporary score which may change)
Mon 15/08/16 at 14:37
Regular
great review......!
Thu 11/08/16 at 13:23
Regular
"Braaains"
I've got this on order for a GAD win, but the more I here about it, the less certain I get. It sounds as if people are forgetting how huge in scope both Elite Dangerous, X and so forth are.
Thu 11/08/16 at 09:44
Regular
"And in last place.."
I'm very curious about this one but I can never escape that niggle that it isn't really a game that is going to hold my attention for long.
Thu 11/08/16 at 09:20
"possibly impossible"
Captain's Log. Stardate 20160810.1015

Having woken up to find my ship in pieces, I've had to scour the land for parts to fix her up. I now realise how good a job my overtly Scottish engineer did when I was back on my starship. For now, I have a tiny single-maned craft that keeps telling me I need to refuel every so often and that it 'cannie take it' unless the engines are fixed.

I believed the wildlife to be friendly at first as I trudged through the undergrowth, finding copper. zinc and plutonium for my ship. That was until some little spider-crab-scorpion thing tried to nip me on the ankle. I've named the species Trumps, because they're annoying, always pop up when you least expect it and think they own the place.

Finally, I've crafted enough resources and I won't be sorry to see the back of this planet, but my ship is now insisting that I visit a neighbouring one for more resources to build a Hyperdrive and to stop off at the nearest Space Station in order to barter with the locals. My bartering goes well and I make some extra money on the side, which may come in handy when I need a larger ship.

Captain's Log. Stardate 20160810.12:35

It seems that mining a planet dry does have its consequences. Each planet has its own security sentinels and some of them don't take kindly to my squandering of their Plutonium, Gold and other elements. Or maybe it was just because I accidentally shot one of the indigenous lifeforms here. I would have stopped to enquire if they hadn't started shooting at me and calling their buddies over to help out.

Thankfully, jumping in my ship and moving a few miles away seems to have done the trick and they've stopped bothering to search for me. The other local sentinels don't seem that bothered, must be a border thing. I have, however, stumbled across a small cabin and a friendly frog-like alien who tried to teach me his language in return for resources. His handy machine outside led me to a monolith that somehow taught me a few more words. I'll have this language cracked in no time, Maybe I could go into business selling travel guides for this galaxy while I'm here?

Captain's Log. Stardate 20160810.13:05

My ship is happy. It has a Hyperdrive fitted and the asteroid belt around this area has provided plenty of fuel for our journey to the next galaxy. I'm starting to feel like I'll miss this place.

We make the jump and watch pretty trippy lightshows appear across the hull of my ship until we jump back out of Hyperspace and find a brand new galaxy to explore.

It all looks quite peaceful from up here and I've already visited the local space station for upgrades, meeting yet another alien species in the process. I think I'm going to like it here.

Captain's Log. Stardate 20160810.16:23

Ruuuuuuuun! {Log ends}

Captain's Log. Stardate 20160810.16:25

It's lucky my ship can re-assemble my atoms but I still find it odd visiting my own grave to pick up my belongings. I barely looked at the sentinels here before they had a go at me, but I'd stupidly parked my ship up a steep hill and couldn't get back in time.

I've found an old mining factory but it's locked. I'll need to blast my way in while the sentinels aren't looking. They don't take kindly to breaking and entering for some reason.

Captain's Log. Stardate 20160810.16:48

One quick escape later and I've completely refitted out my equipment. Now lets see the local wildlife try to attack me without a fight!

I' finally feel like I'm ready to take on the universe, one galaxy at a time. Now to find some more Hyperdrive fuel and check if those 15m high creatures over there are friendly....

8/10 (Temporary score which may change)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.