GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Shop Website"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/05/16 at 17:17
Regular
Have just set up a website for my shop (previously just on Ebay) using the new feature - really easy, and looks great. BUT I'm having problems trying to print off packing/address slips. At the moment, I use Paypal but their new site is pathetic. Does anyone know if you can use Stripe to collect payment rather than Paypal? Unforuunately the shop is slightly limited in that there is no requirement for a customer to provide provide any details so I have to go to Paypal for the delivery address, which is fine but even Paypal doesn't always have this information. Yes, I can print off a packing slip, but it has so much c**p on it that the Post Office are likely to just reject it out of hand. Short of copy paste each address into Word to print off a label I can't think of any other way to do it. Was wondering about using Stripe instead of Paypal. Anyone any ideas?
Thu 16/06/16 at 14:50
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
With regards to issues raised here about the Freeola InstantPro Website Builder, which includes a Shop e-commerce facility.

It is likely that we will look at Stripe in the future but it cannot be done at the moment due to higher priorities. In general it is felt that most customers are content with Paypal.

It seems to us that Paypal will provide a delivery address if the end customer has provided one. I have to assume that it would be rare for this to fail.

The mention of Freeola on the way through the checkout is due to the fact that we are facilitating the connection between our customer website and Paypal. I think it would be incorrect of us to try to change this.

I have relied on feedback and advice from others on this as I have to admit that I have not actually bought anything from a customer shop yet!
Tue 14/06/16 at 16:24
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I'll ask one of our team to take a look at some of these points.
Tue 03/05/16 at 22:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Working fine for me @DL.
Check your URL. Have you pasted the trailing full stop perhaps.

@Hmmm....don't know, but have got it now ;¬) Will have a look in the morning ...
Tue 03/05/16 at 21:27
"Are you sure?"
Working fine for me @DL.
Check your URL. Have you pasted the trailing full stop perhaps.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 03/05/16 at 20:26
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Madwitch47 wrote:
Thanks for your help. I've tried buying something and when you click on checkout it takes you straight to the secure paypal login screen. Unfortunately though, you don't always get a delivery address with paypal so I've put a skyscraper on - however, as you know people don't read things! I'll have a good root around Paypal and see if I can come up with something.

Sorry can't help, every time I use your URL, I get ... this ...
Tue 03/05/16 at 17:58
Regular
Thanks for your help. I've tried buying something and when you click on checkout it takes you straight to the secure paypal login screen. Unfortunately though, you don't always get a delivery address with paypal so I've put a skyscraper on - however, as you know people don't read things! I'll have a good root around Paypal and see if I can come up with something.
Tue 03/05/16 at 11:17
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
I quickly added a test shop to my Freeola InstantPro site to take a look.

I might be missing it, but it looks like there needs to be an option to request a delivery address? It looks like PayPal have ways to do this - but I stopped poking around as it's very easy to lose a few days in PayPal's docs!

If a staffie doesn't reply it might be worth raising a support ticket to query this.

NB.
I'm wondering if Freeola are using the best text/logo for the PayPal checkout branding - Freeola secure? This may make some visitors think it's Freeola that are handling the transaction rather than PP?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 02/05/16 at 23:28
Regular
Hello and thanks for the welcome. Sorry, should really have introduced myself first!

The website is www.campercook.co.uk. It's only small and was really a bit of a test for (a) whether I could actually make a website and (b) as a precursor to bringing over my proper website which has hundreds more products.

As you say, lots of orders are great - except if it takes you half a day to print off the addresses!

Not sure what happened when you said 'should this happen' and not sure what was 'fixed' but thanks anyway!
Mon 02/05/16 at 23:27
Regular
Oops - wrong place!
Mon 02/05/16 at 20:23
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
DL wrote:
@Hmmm ... Madwitch47 ... should this happen?

Fixed!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.