GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email forwarding not happening"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/04/16 at 11:54
Regular
I've been using the email forwarding for a number of years now, for my domains hosted by freeola.

For the last 24 hours though, I have had no emails forwarded.

I've sent test ones through my domains, and also ones directly to my forwarded accounts, and all my domain ones have just vanished, somewhere inside Freeload I'm guessing as I've had no bounces.

Is there a problem with email forwarding at the moment?

Andrew.
Fri 24/03/17 at 18:44
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
No due date. It was kind of a passing comment.
We don't get a lot of reports of people having problems getting mail to it's destination and don't support the sending of bulk mail and as DKIM mainly benefits getting mail accepted by the likes of Hotmail and Yahoo! if sending a lot of mail, then it's not high on our priority list. DMARC kind of goes hand in hand with SPF and DKIM and we haven't implemented both.
Is it something you have a particular need of?
Fri 24/03/17 at 14:02
Regular
When is DKIM due? Due you have plans for DMARC?
Thu 28/04/16 at 10:31
"Are you sure?"
Fair enough.

I've sent the dodgy email as an attachment in case there's anything that can be done.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT:
I notice the copy that my Gmail account picks up shows the dodgy address as:
"[email protected] via freeola.biz "
Thu 28/04/16 at 10:16
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Why not? If I send an email which I have set to forward and also spoof the envelope-to part then all the MTA will do is use that, it doesn't know it's spoofed.

If you could send a copy with header intact to the abuse@ address I can get someone to double check this.
Thu 28/04/16 at 09:06
"Are you sure?"
Sorry to drag this out...

I've had a spam email this morning where someone has spoofed a made up account from one of my Freeola domains.

Subject: They have been taking advantage of you for too long

The email shows as [email protected]

Looking at the headers I was surprised to see the new SRS references to freeola.biz

i.e.
X-SRS: Sender address rewritten from to by freeola.biz.
X-SRS: Sender address rewritten from to by freeola.biz.

Is this expected. I wouldn't have thought this information would show in a spoofed email?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 27/04/16 at 22:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Guess you've already done this Hmmm ;¬)

SPF exists on my domain hosted by Freeola but DKIM ... I don't know as of yet ... try yours here :¬)
Wed 27/04/16 at 21:24
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
:) DKIM next. Enjoy reading up on that!
Wed 27/04/16 at 20:30
"Are you sure?"
All too much for me...
As long as it works and it doesn't cause a problem with all customers using a biz reference, I'm happy!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 27/04/16 at 20:26
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Ah that's for the forwarding MTA to use so it can have it's own SPF and to keep it separate from the senders domain, so it's the domain parts of the address that the receiving MTA bounces back to.
Wed 27/04/16 at 18:47
"Are you sure?"
Thanks Eccles.
I had looked at the OpenSPF examples earlier. How does the third-part biz address fit in?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.