GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Funniest things on TV."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/03/16 at 18:35
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Sad to see Ronnie Corbett died, another of the greats gone...

Let's face it, some of us here have been around for more than a few years, so we've probably watched a lot of TV. Dare I say it, some of us will have seen a lot of changes too...

I remember my parents getting our first colour TV, for example, and being fascinated by the wonder that was full colour broadcasting! And yet...

Some of my favourite moments were in black and white, particularly comedy skits.

Abbott and Costello- "Who's on First?" and "$28" are two of the funniest things I've ever seen, and I played them for my 25 year old son as he'd never even heard of them. I have never seen him laugh so much!

So I got to thinking; if they're my favourites, what're everyone else's?
Nothing rude, please, just the funniest comedy sketch or scene you can remember. Might give us all a much needed laugh!
Sat 02/04/16 at 13:58
Regular
"I like turtles"
The IT Crowd is ace Chas, if you don't fancy wading through the entire backlog just yet and want to try a single episode this is the one I mentioned.
Sat 02/04/16 at 10:13
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
pb wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]pete_21 wrote:
[i]The musical theatre episode of The IT Crowd gets my vote.

Despite everyone telling me I should watch the IT Crowd, I never have...

Maybe that should go on my list.[/i]

The whole thing is free on the channel 4 streaming service[/i]

Yes... but I have a very long list...
Sat 02/04/16 at 10:04
"possibly impossible"
chasfh wrote:
pete_21 wrote:
[i]The musical theatre episode of The IT Crowd gets my vote.

Maybe that should go on my list.[/i]

The whole thing is free on the channel 4 streaming service
Sat 02/04/16 at 09:25
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
pete_21 wrote:
The musical theatre episode of The IT Crowd gets my vote.

Maybe that should go on my list.
Fri 01/04/16 at 20:24
Regular
"I like turtles"
The musical theatre episode of The IT Crowd gets my vote.
Fri 01/04/16 at 16:31
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
pb wrote:
Though most of the series seems to be lost in time, The Mary Whitehouse Experience came up with some great modern comedy sketches, like History Today and The Cure doing The Laughing Policeman among others.

Aah... "See that bit of flob? That's your swimming pool, that is."

I'd forgotten about the ol' history duffers...
Fri 01/04/16 at 16:09
"possibly impossible"
Though most of the series seems to be lost in time, The Mary Whitehouse Experience came up with some great modern comedy sketches, like History Today and The Cure doing The Laughing Policeman among others.

Going back a bit, there's Les Dawson's Cissie and Ada sketches which I remember everyone copying.

Pretty much everything Michael Crawford did as Frank Spencer, too. and, even though it's dated, Benny Hill had loads of good moments.

Used to also love watching the silent Harold Lloyd stuff when I was younger, too. Some of that timed comedy is fantastic and all without stuntmen or green screens. Sort of action and sitcom in one.
Fri 01/04/16 at 13:09
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
dav2612 wrote:
One of my favourite clips from a Scottish sketch show

Scotch & Wry

I remember a show called "Absolutely" that featured a place called "Stoneybridge" (said with a very broad Scottish accent). Those guys used to crack me and my missus up...
Fri 01/04/16 at 10:08
Regular
"And in last place.."
One of my favourite clips from a Scottish sketch show

Scotch & Wry
Thu 31/03/16 at 22:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
;¬) forgot that one!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.