GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Asus EEbook disaster ..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/10/15 at 19:50
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Have been handed an Asus Eebook x205ta to 'repair'!

The hard drive reports an increase of used space everytime you access it, except there is nothing there!

Applications that have been totally uninstalled still appear...

Recovery option doesn't exist!!

W8.1 with Bing (which I hate) is installed and no product key is available!

W10 upgrade is present but no internet connection is available!

The system 'freezes' when 'Control Panel' is opened as do other windows when opened ... the content is blank?

So how do you rectify this situation?

W10 32-bit setup recognises the OS but needs you to restart and try again ... this loops!:¬)

Asus suggest PC Settings, Update and Recovery ... fine, but this route gives an empty display ... no options!!!

... the 'eebook' is just out of warranty ;¬)

Apart from chucking it in the canal, any useful suggestions would be appreciated :¬)

Thanks
Fri 30/10/15 at 17:00
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
Good work. Glad you got it sorted DL.

Took it's time pb, but glad it's back to 'brand new' ... the owner, she's 'chuffed as little mint balls' ... should have seen her face when I told her to switch it on! That's what makes life great :¬)
Fri 30/10/15 at 15:24
"possibly impossible"
DL wrote:
Finally accessed the Recovery Options and started a clean install of 8.1. Total success ... how do you get at these options ...

Restart the machine but hold shift before you click restart, keep holding until Recovery Options appear. Jobs a gud'un.

Now Windows 10 install can wait a while ;¬)

Good work. Glad you got it sorted DL.
Fri 30/10/15 at 12:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Finally accessed the Recovery Options and started a clean install of 8.1. Total success ... how do you get at these options ...

Restart the machine but hold shift before you click restart, keep holding until Recovery Options appear. Jobs a gud'un.

Now Windows 10 install can wait a while ;¬)
Thu 29/10/15 at 21:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
Also, have you tried getting the Windows 8 key using a program like Magical Jelly Bean?

Whooo hooo ... I'll give that a walk around the park, tmoz now mind you ;¬) Thanks
Thu 29/10/15 at 21:40
"possibly impossible"
DL wrote:
pb wrote:
[i]I assume the user has registered for Windows 10? If so get Windows 10 downloaded on a USB and restart then wipe the drive while doing the install from USB. Might work.

Done that pb ... but info box suggests close drive, restart system and try again ... hence the 'loop' ;¬)

Stuffed at the minute![/i]

Was that booting from USB bypassing Windows startup?

Also, have you tried getting the Windows 8 key using a program like Magical Jelly Bean?
Thu 29/10/15 at 20:47
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
I assume the user has registered for Windows 10? If so get Windows 10 downloaded on a USB and restart then wipe the drive while doing the install from USB. Might work.

Done that pb ... but info box suggests close drive, restart system and try again ... hence the 'loop' ;¬)

Stuffed at the minute!
Thu 29/10/15 at 20:09
"possibly impossible"
I assume the user has registered for Windows 10? If so get Windows 10 downloaded on a USB and restart then wipe the drive while doing the install from USB. Might work.
Thu 29/10/15 at 19:50
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Have been handed an Asus Eebook x205ta to 'repair'!

The hard drive reports an increase of used space everytime you access it, except there is nothing there!

Applications that have been totally uninstalled still appear...

Recovery option doesn't exist!!

W8.1 with Bing (which I hate) is installed and no product key is available!

W10 upgrade is present but no internet connection is available!

The system 'freezes' when 'Control Panel' is opened as do other windows when opened ... the content is blank?

So how do you rectify this situation?

W10 32-bit setup recognises the OS but needs you to restart and try again ... this loops!:¬)

Asus suggest PC Settings, Update and Recovery ... fine, but this route gives an empty display ... no options!!!

... the 'eebook' is just out of warranty ;¬)

Apart from chucking it in the canal, any useful suggestions would be appreciated :¬)

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.