GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Private nameservers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/10/15 at 15:16
Regular
Hello,

Is it possible to set private nameservers for my .uk domain and how?

Thanks in advance.
Fri 02/10/15 at 07:10
Regular
Thanks, I supposed I would have to create a support ticket for this kind of purpose.
I know what I want with private nameservers ...
Thanks again.
Thu 01/10/15 at 18:53
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hi dj-mishar,

To setup name servers at your domain you'll need to send us a support ticket with the necessary hostnames and glue records (IP addresses). Support should reply asking you to verify some details for the MyFreeola account the domain is in and once you have done that then this can be setup. The facility to do this isn't in your MyFreeola account as we don't get many requests for it and a majority we do get seem to come from customers getting confused with what they want!
Thu 01/10/15 at 17:41
Regular
Well I already read that page, but I just can't find option to change DNS records, I can only change DNS Servers.

I asked because, some domain registrant doesn't let you mess up with private nameservers, you need to send their support, desired IP's where they should point each record.
Thu 01/10/15 at 15:28
"Are you sure?"
Welcome to the forums!

Does this Freeola DNS Help page help you?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 01/10/15 at 15:16
Regular
Hello,

Is it possible to set private nameservers for my .uk domain and how?

Thanks in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.