GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best way to 'retire' email address"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/09/15 at 20:19
Regular
Hi,

What's the best way to retire an email address that's in circulation?

I need to take some out and update others.

Thanks,

Neil
Wed 30/09/15 at 10:40
Regular
"I like turtles"
Like Hmmm... I also leave everything on Gmail, it's always handy to have a back up as well as being able to check my mails remotely if required (as nothing is stored in my Freeola webmail anymore). Think the Gmail spam folder auto clears about every month, so unless any mail in there is manually changed to 'not spam' all stuff in there gets automatically deleted after this time.
Wed 30/09/15 at 10:19
"Are you sure?"
I use Outlook rather than Thunderbird...
But I leave a copy of everything on Gmail.

They give you 15GB of storage for free which is a lot of email - I've got more than that as they gave me extra as a Nexus owner.

I never remove an email from Gmail giving me a massive archive which is instantly searchable (from any device) and goes back years :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 30/09/15 at 01:09
Regular
When you fetch to TB, do you delete from Gmail or leave everything on the server?

N.
Tue 29/09/15 at 11:34
Regular
Odd.

The email address in question did not have Freeola forwarding activated, although I'm virtually certain I had set it.

One of those things.

Thanks for the pointers.

N.
Mon 28/09/15 at 21:04
"Are you sure?"
FWIW I always turn off those tabs/inboxes along with conversation view.

Edit: Remember one of the best bits about Gmail is the fantastic search capabilities, from both the desktop or app.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 28/09/15 at 20:52
Regular
"I like turtles"
Neil, have you checked the other inboxes in Gmail? (social and promotions) to see if these pre-fixed [SPAM] mails have been dumped in there. I'm presuming they are not in the spam folder? (you need to scroll down the column on left hand side to select it).

What you appear to be experiencing does sound most odd, as I mentioned earlier Gmail has caught and continues to catch every dodgy mail that has come through for me. I haven't used any particular configuration or anything, my Gmail account is as it comes straight out of the box.
Mon 28/09/15 at 18:48
"Are you sure?"
Not easy to troubleshoot from here.
All I can suggest is (re)checking the setup you have in place.
Try sending test emails to each account to see if you get the expected results.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 28/09/15 at 17:46
Regular
The only forwarding in place in set in my Freeola account. This is what's confusing.

I'm logged into Gmail.

N.
Mon 28/09/15 at 16:42
"Are you sure?"
Neilj99 wrote:
I've noticed that I'm still getting some spam delivered via Gmail. Some of it has the Freeola '[SPAM]' prefix.

These emails aren't listed in my Gmail inboxes, so I can't mark them as spam.

Any idea what's going on?

N.

Sounds like you may be getting a bit mixed up...

If they aren't in your Gmail inbox then are you sure you aren't picking these up directly (or something else)?

I would login in to your Gmail account directly via the Google website and look for the email in question. If you don't see it there then it can't be coming via Gmail - unless you have Gmail forwarding in place for some accounts/messages.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 28/09/15 at 15:47
Regular
I've noticed that I'm still getting some spam delivered via Gmail. Some of it has the Freeola '[SPAM]' prefix.

These emails aren't listed in my Gmail inboxes, so I can't mark them as spam.

Any idea what's going on?

N.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.