GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA3 vs MGS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/04/02 at 21:04
Regular
Which one is better. Gta3 is longer and more violent but MGS2 looks amzing and plays amazing. Which one? Does anybody think that Stuntman will be good or Medal of Honour?
Sat 13/04/02 at 07:22
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
MetalGear2King wrote:
>
> NH you total idiot! I am sticking up for him and I didn't get banned
> for spamming it was swearing! I am not a spammer you are just jelous
> that you can not post decent stuff! I was explaining to him why not to
> spam and you are the one spamming with a stupid post! Spamming is
> something I did once when No-one would reply but I know now but
> obviously you don't!
>
> Message ends!

And replying quoting complete messages like this is not spam ? he! - I dont know what is and isnt half the time and nor do most regulars here so no wonder the newbies find it difficult.

Please dont resort to sily name calling again, it's stupid and pointless and causes unecessary friction - a better thing to say would be something like "Nh - I beg to differ with you there... etc" much friendlier dont you think ??

Chill my friend - life is cool
Sat 13/04/02 at 01:38
Regular
"Tag as above"
Chill out, we only have organised barenuckle fighting here, so I can start a book and everyone can have a little wager.
Fri 12/04/02 at 20:56
nh wrote:
> Spamming is basically what these idiots have been doing to this
> thread.
>
> The guy is a newbie for chrissake.
>
> Metalgearking - You were a total spammer which was why you had your
> first ban - Dont take it out on newbies as they come in - they need to
> learn the same as you did !
>
> Lecture over !!
>
> Now the correct way to deal with this is to say.
>
> Thanks for your post but this is one of those topics that has been
> dealt with before. To help you I will pop the last thread to the top
> for you to read - and yes i will do that in a mo...
>
>
> By the way - both of these games are excellent on their own merits. :D

NH you total idiot! I am sticking up for him and I didn't get banned for spamming it was swearing! I am not a spammer you are just jelous that you can not post decent stuff! I was explaining to him why not to spam and you are the one spamming with a stupid post! Spamming is something I did once when No-one would reply but I know now but obviously you don't!

Message ends!
Fri 12/04/02 at 14:03
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Diplomat wrote:
> "Wookiee monster thread". Was I mistaken? If I misundrestood you, I
> apologise.

To prevent you from asking me why I read the thread I consider
> spam, I would honestly like to say that I don`t consider any thread spam, I just
> meant that speaking of spam, there might be other ways to see things.

Peace?

Peace of course - I have no problems - I was trying to help here - as far as the Wookiemonster thread goes that has turned into a humourous diversion in my boring day in the office - there is nothing serious in there - Apart from the fact that the big ape has changed his tagname to nh = no humour so I will kick his fat hairy ar** !!

The main thing here is to enjoy it :D
Fri 12/04/02 at 13:48
Regular
"Tag as above"
FatButcher wrote:
> Elliot? Idiot?

>How can you compare these games?

This is all very lame, as far as I'm concerned there was never any spamming, I was just pointing out that the games mentioned were almost impossible to compare due to the fact they are all very different.

If Elliot or anyone else thinks I called him an idiot then I'm very sorry and I hope you find out where you lost your sense of humor.

Welcome all Newbies, don't forget your sense of humor. (that goes for you regulars too).
Fri 12/04/02 at 13:44
nh wrote:
> London Lad and Diplomat - read my reply..
Yeah some regulars do get on their
> high horses with newbies when they did exactly the same things when they first
> came here, basically as long as people arn't abusive to each other this place
> hums along nicely. Just enjoy it for what it is..

- thanx for your considered response, however, I still think a section explaining the Board etiquette/rules is needed for us newbies (dont want to unknowingly offend anyone). If there is such a section perhaps u could point it out??

I spend a hell of a lot of money with the Special Reserve Network and would hate to be banned from their site (by someone who doesnt even own the site boards) cuz I offended someone with SPAM, without even knowing!

As diplomat said, this isnt a newbie vs regs war - we just need some concrete clarification.

cheers
Fri 12/04/02 at 13:41
Regular
"size does matter"
"Wookiee monster thread". Was I mistaken? If I misundrestood you, I apologise.

To prevent you from asking me why I read the thread I consider spam, I would honestly like to say that I don`t consider any thread spam, I just meant that speaking of spam, there might be other ways to see things.

Peace?
Fri 12/04/02 at 13:32
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Diplomat wrote:
> Well, I didnīt intend to start a war newbies vs regulars, but it is just
> so unfair. And now one of those regulars is pointing at me in another thread,
> blaming me for calling another regular a spammer.

This is unbelievable. I
> mean, he and some others basically jumped at Elliott here, calling him a spammer
> and now that Iīve dared to voice an opinion that they arenīt so
> great themselves - Iīm a bad guy???

That`s just ridiculous.

Which thread ????
Fri 12/04/02 at 13:23
Regular
"size does matter"
To nh

You ARE missing the point. Who cares what the regulars did when they were newbies? The point is that now you do things worse than some poor newbie starting a thread which has previously existed.

Can you seriously say that a thread "game chain with nicknames" (which DOES get freaking repetitive VERY quickly) has a whole lot more point than another thread about GTA3 and MGS2?
Fri 12/04/02 at 13:18
Regular
"size does matter"
Well, I didnīt intend to start a war newbies vs regulars, but it is just so unfair. And now one of those regulars is pointing at me in another thread, blaming me for calling another regular a spammer.

This is unbelievable. I mean, he and some others basically jumped at Elliott here, calling him a spammer and now that Iīve dared to voice an opinion that they arenīt so great themselves - Iīm a bad guy???

That`s just ridiculous.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.