GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"People who diss ps2 read this!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/04/02 at 20:09
Regular
Rite a lot of people have been saying the ps2 wont last. Well heres what i think:

Firstly i know the X-Box has a better spec than the PS2, so what? Didnt the N64 have a better spec than the Playstation? Which was more Succesful there? The playstation of course. And i believe that when the DC was released in the UK it had a better spec than the PS, but guess wot? The DC flopped and the PS carried on selling, along with all its games. So that there firstly proves why spec doesnt play that much of a role in games.

So why will the PS2 last? Well the main reason is the fact that a PS and PS2 have become general household item in the UK, because people want to play great console games. I dont know what it is about the PS2 it just really appeals to EVERYONE. where the X-Box will appeal to die hard gamers who want only the best speed and graphics, it wont appeal to "average" gamers they want to play good games on a good console they can trust and really on, this you certaintly do with the PS2. So talks that the PS3 will get a hurried release arent true. Because the PS2 is for Gaming, ok if playing games is your one and only hobbie then you may buy a x-box aswell but the fact is most people will stick with their ps2. And their friends that have played their ps2 will buy 1 and so on.

So if you are a ps2 owner and worried that you have chosen the wrong console to buy then dont! I really cant see sony and the PS2 game developers turning their backs on such a WIDE target audience.

Do you agree with me? Id like to see if you do!
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:09
Rite a lot of people have been saying the ps2 wont last. Well heres what i think:

Firstly i know the X-Box has a better spec than the PS2, so what? Didnt the N64 have a better spec than the Playstation? Which was more Succesful there? The playstation of course. And i believe that when the DC was released in the UK it had a better spec than the PS, but guess wot? The DC flopped and the PS carried on selling, along with all its games. So that there firstly proves why spec doesnt play that much of a role in games.

So why will the PS2 last? Well the main reason is the fact that a PS and PS2 have become general household item in the UK, because people want to play great console games. I dont know what it is about the PS2 it just really appeals to EVERYONE. where the X-Box will appeal to die hard gamers who want only the best speed and graphics, it wont appeal to "average" gamers they want to play good games on a good console they can trust and really on, this you certaintly do with the PS2. So talks that the PS3 will get a hurried release arent true. Because the PS2 is for Gaming, ok if playing games is your one and only hobbie then you may buy a x-box aswell but the fact is most people will stick with their ps2. And their friends that have played their ps2 will buy 1 and so on.

So if you are a ps2 owner and worried that you have chosen the wrong console to buy then dont! I really cant see sony and the PS2 game developers turning their backs on such a WIDE target audience.

Do you agree with me? Id like to see if you do!
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:20
I love my PS2 but I am having 2nd thoughts over trading for an X-BOX and by tomorrow night I will have made my descion.
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:21
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
white_pele66 wrote:
> Rite a lot of people have been saying the ps2 wont last. Well heres what i
>think

You said that a lot of people have been saying that the ps2 wont last. I have not heard more than 2 people say that. Where have you heard people say this?
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:26
Well if you want to see people who dont think the ps2 will last then check out any message board that has PS2, GC, and XBOX forums. Also check out IGN.com in there formums and try gettin sum friends then ask them.

That shud come to more that 2 people
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:26
ye no-one has said that but what I think you mean is that people have said that the other 2 Next-Gen consoles will over take the ps2, don't you?
Thu 11/04/02 at 20:30
MetalGear2King wrote:
> ye no-one has said that but what I think you mean is that people have said that
> the other 2 Next-Gen consoles will over take the ps2, don't you?

Well i mean that aswell, but a lot of people have been saying that after the release of X-Box sony will hurry out a ps3 and if you say no was has said that then check other forums and you will see what i mean.

I aint tryin to cause a riot there coz i like the ps2
Thu 11/04/02 at 22:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
But then again, just because the PS1/2 outsold everything else does not mean they are the best..........
Fri 12/04/02 at 01:11
Regular
white_pele66 wrote:
I dont know
> what it is about the PS2 it just really appeals to EVERYONE.

No it don't! It doesn't appeal to me, and I'm sure Dringo could say the same about himself too.
Fri 12/04/02 at 01:12
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> But then again, just because the PS1/2 outsold everything else does not mean
> they are the best..........

Exactly :)
Fri 12/04/02 at 09:22
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Oh dear - not again !!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.