GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME - DLC] The Escapists - Alcatraz DLC"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/09/15 at 18:56
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Available on PC and Xbox One

Reviewed on the Xbox One (DLC costs £1.99 on the XB Marketplace)

I sat down the Friday evening after completing the HMP Irongate Prison (the final level of the base game - The Escapists), I felt bored. Nothing seemed to quite want to satisfy my gaming needs than more The Escapists. I finally caved and downloaded the first of the downloadable content for the game - The Alcatraz prison.

Excited by my purchase I quickly flew into the game. Instantly I was impressed by the size of the jail. This is by far the biggest prison played yet and with so many cells and inmates, it is easy to get lost. Like HMP Irongate, the jail is set on an island and looks near impossible to escape from. Sadly, this is where the level falls very short - out of the 7 prisons played so far...it happens to be the easiest. It took me three days to escape...yes...three (less than 25 real time minutes). In what appears to be the most difficult of all the prisons in the world, my plan was simple, basic and crude and it worked. I won't give anything away here as I don't want to ruin it for you.

There is no extra items, no additional tasks and no other challenges to really comprehend. Worth a look if you want to say you've beaten it, but it really isn't a challenge. It also has no further achievements to unlock.

Despite saying how easy it is to escape...I am sure there are ways to over-complicate it and I am most likely going to find these ways, but overall, it was a disappointing DLC.

50%
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 06/09/15 at 18:56
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Available on PC and Xbox One

Reviewed on the Xbox One (DLC costs £1.99 on the XB Marketplace)

I sat down the Friday evening after completing the HMP Irongate Prison (the final level of the base game - The Escapists), I felt bored. Nothing seemed to quite want to satisfy my gaming needs than more The Escapists. I finally caved and downloaded the first of the downloadable content for the game - The Alcatraz prison.

Excited by my purchase I quickly flew into the game. Instantly I was impressed by the size of the jail. This is by far the biggest prison played yet and with so many cells and inmates, it is easy to get lost. Like HMP Irongate, the jail is set on an island and looks near impossible to escape from. Sadly, this is where the level falls very short - out of the 7 prisons played so far...it happens to be the easiest. It took me three days to escape...yes...three (less than 25 real time minutes). In what appears to be the most difficult of all the prisons in the world, my plan was simple, basic and crude and it worked. I won't give anything away here as I don't want to ruin it for you.

There is no extra items, no additional tasks and no other challenges to really comprehend. Worth a look if you want to say you've beaten it, but it really isn't a challenge. It also has no further achievements to unlock.

Despite saying how easy it is to escape...I am sure there are ways to over-complicate it and I am most likely going to find these ways, but overall, it was a disappointing DLC.

50%

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.