GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming Channel/Broadcasting"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/09/15 at 08:10
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I've just been toying with the idea of having a gaming channel (you know, like those of jacksepticeye etc.) on YouTube or starting up broadcasting through Twitch.

Have any of you done this in the past and, if so, any tips on where to start? Seen a few things in relation to editing software and capture cards for the Xbox One, but before I spend a small fortune, does anybody have any advice? Is it worth it?

(Main reason is I'm slowly learning how to use social media an have a few accounts on twitter/facebook pages etc and now looking to learn the best way to use YouTube effectively...I'm not the greatest gamer...so it's definitely not for bragging rights ha!)
Fri 04/09/15 at 18:54
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thanks for your input. It looks fun and may be a reason to justify gaming - especially in the upcoming winter months etc. Seen a few bits and bobs and even tired just commentating over the game on my own to see how hard it is to keep talking etc.

I guess Twitch would be the best way forward, although in terms of having a physical end product, I would prefer YouTube, Hopefully when my tax bill gets paid and I have my next invoice paid, I'll give it a try...and let you know how I get on!
Fri 04/09/15 at 12:40
Regular
You've nothing to lose by giving it a go. I've been thinking of doing it for a long time but I would end up keeping my little ones awake in the evenings.

One of my mates started one and he hasn't updated it in ages due to time constraints (and he doesn't yet have children) so from what I understand it is very time consuming.

But you've certainly got my support if you go ahead :)
Fri 04/09/15 at 12:27
Regular
"I like turtles"
Go for it, reckon it would be fun and all of those gaming channels started somewhere, also there are loads of people who avoid the likes of Gamespot as their reviews do not always seem to be all that trustworthy these days (check out the comments section on their Gears Of War Ultimate review). I like the 'Worth A Buy' bloke myself, more often than not he'll be reviewing a game I have no interest in whatsoever but I still enjoy his clips regardless. I reckon the trick is to do something a little bit different and people will watch.
Fri 04/09/15 at 10:35
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Been tempted myself, to be honest, given how easy it looks with Twitch and the likes...

At the very least, it would end all discussion about how capable my PC is.

But then I get stuck into my games again, and I don't really feel I can be bothered! (I've racked up about 50 hours on Arkham Knight now, I think, over 100 on the Witcher 3...).

Still, if you DO go ahead, let us know how easy it REALLY is and I might join you...
Fri 04/09/15 at 08:10
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I've just been toying with the idea of having a gaming channel (you know, like those of jacksepticeye etc.) on YouTube or starting up broadcasting through Twitch.

Have any of you done this in the past and, if so, any tips on where to start? Seen a few things in relation to editing software and capture cards for the Xbox One, but before I spend a small fortune, does anybody have any advice? Is it worth it?

(Main reason is I'm slowly learning how to use social media an have a few accounts on twitter/facebook pages etc and now looking to learn the best way to use YouTube effectively...I'm not the greatest gamer...so it's definitely not for bragging rights ha!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.