GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband Usage Figures"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/07/15 at 16:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Following a recent change of tarrif on the 26th July, I have been looking at the daily peak usage figures for my connection.

The highest peak daily figure for the last billing period was 5.73GB. I'm rather concerned to see these figures on this new tariff:

Monday 27th July 1.55GB ... ok with this.

Tuesday 28th July 13.73GB !!!! and the peak period isn't over yet!

Is there an error?
Tue 28/07/15 at 16:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Following a recent change of tarrif on the 26th July, I have been looking at the daily peak usage figures for my connection.

The highest peak daily figure for the last billing period was 5.73GB. I'm rather concerned to see these figures on this new tariff:

Monday 27th July 1.55GB ... ok with this.

Tuesday 28th July 13.73GB !!!! and the peak period isn't over yet!

Is there an error?
Tue 28/07/15 at 16:58
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Checking with the supplier and these figures match up so I'm not sure that there is an error.
Tue 28/07/15 at 18:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
Checking with the supplier and these figures match up so I'm not sure that there is an error.

Thanks Eccles ... just found out that there was an 8GB download this morning ... Battlefield:Hardline apparently :¬(

This still doesn't explain the 'additional' 5GB.

By the way, Freeola is extremely slow in loading at the moment ...
Tue 28/07/15 at 20:13
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Still not happy about this 'peak data usage' today compared to yesterday and then my recent months totals!

At this rate, my 100GB allowance will be shot in 10 days! for doing what?

Think a change of tarrif is required or do I need to clarify what my allowance covers?

If I have 100 GB usage at peak times is this a 'daily' limit or is it a 'monthly' limit during peak times?
Tue 28/07/15 at 20:31
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The allowance is for the whole month during peak times.
Who else has use of your connection? I'd start checking each device connected and maybe double check WiFi setting and update the WPA2 passphrase. If you can then schedule big downloads to run after 7pm, but then you have probably thought of that!

Freeola.com has no issues right now and is loading speedily so you might be experience congestion. Seems to happen in the evenings at the start of school holidays!
Tue 28/07/15 at 21:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
The allowance is for the whole month during peak times.
Who else has use of your connection? I'd start checking each device connected and maybe double check WiFi setting and update the WPA2 passphrase. If you can then schedule big downloads to run after 7pm, but then you have probably thought of that!

Freeola.com has no issues right now and is loading speedily so you might be experience congestion. Seems to happen in the evenings at the start of school holidays!

Slow loading was at 6 ish.

School holidays around here started two weeks ago.

Big 'downloads' ... a 30 yr old son, who just happened to mention Battlefield:Hardline when asked during tea! Yep, he shouldn't be here but he is and I'll probably leave before he does ;¬)

As I thought " allowance is for the whole month during peak times".

Thanks Eccles ... will monitor this month, but will most likely change tarrif, I don't like possible 'extra charges' at the end of each billing period and I don't like having to check usage every day.

So much easier on my old connection contract ;¬)
Tue 28/07/15 at 22:24
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sat in the garden earlier and saw a beautiful rainbow ... maybe this is my idea of a 'broadband connection' ... this helps too
Wed 29/07/15 at 10:59
"possibly impossible"
DL wrote:
Sat in the garden earlier and saw a beautiful rainbow ... maybe this is my idea of a 'broadband connection' ... this helps too

I thought of this connection when you mentioned Rainbows and Connections.

I sometimes go through 300GB in a month and that can be at any time of the day. That's why I need unlimited.
Wed 29/07/15 at 19:49
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pb wrote:
I sometimes go through 300GB in a month and that can be at any time of the day. That's why I need unlimited.

Exacto mondo pb ... so why are our usage figures dramatically different for the first three days of a new Freeola tarrif from the past six months usage figures on an old Freeola tarrif ... makes you ponder life somewhat ;¬)
Thu 30/07/15 at 15:05
"Are you sure?"
DL wrote:
...This still doesn't explain the 'additional' 5GB.

A good chance people upgrading to Windows 10 will have downloaded quite a bit more than normal this week - especially if they have more than one device to upgrade.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.