GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Patch Tuesday - Check Windows Boxes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/07/15 at 07:56
Regular
"Why so srs?"
Morning everybody,

Microsoft have released information regarding a 'Critical' vulnerability that can lead to remote code injection for most Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.

You can find their TechNet post here . At this stage Microsoft have now released a full fix for this issue andhave provided a work around in the above linked post.

For those running a Windows shop in a business environment, please note that Server 2008 - R1 + R2, 2012 R1 + R2, along with their core installation versions are also vulnerable. However the vulnerability itself is exploited via web sites, so if you're not using your server to browse the web you should be ok.

Now naturally this is just as a P.S.A.. This will require a restart of your system when the patch is available.

Have a good day!

EDIT
From the TechNet Link, select your Operating System from the 'Affected Software' list and you will be taken to the correct location to download the patch.
Tue 21/07/15 at 08:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
Just checked and the patch had downloaded automatically on my O/S, just required manual reboot. I'll check my other systems this morning.

Cheers for the heads up, appreciated.
Tue 21/07/15 at 07:56
Regular
"Why so srs?"
Morning everybody,

Microsoft have released information regarding a 'Critical' vulnerability that can lead to remote code injection for most Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.

You can find their TechNet post here . At this stage Microsoft have now released a full fix for this issue andhave provided a work around in the above linked post.

For those running a Windows shop in a business environment, please note that Server 2008 - R1 + R2, 2012 R1 + R2, along with their core installation versions are also vulnerable. However the vulnerability itself is exploited via web sites, so if you're not using your server to browse the web you should be ok.

Now naturally this is just as a P.S.A.. This will require a restart of your system when the patch is available.

Have a good day!

EDIT
From the TechNet Link, select your Operating System from the 'Affected Software' list and you will be taken to the correct location to download the patch.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.