GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cheapest and best hosting?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/04/02 at 21:35
Regular
Hey, i bought a domain, designed a site, and all the rest but neva got round to running it because i couldnt find any good, cheap hosts.

Can you all name some good web site hosts please?

Thanks
Mon 15/04/02 at 00:15
Regular
"How Handy."
If you really dont want to use Freeola, then apparently 34sp.com are good..
Sun 14/04/02 at 22:24
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Actually, your not allowed to do that either ... part of the Terms if you sign upto Freeola. That could cost you a frozon account :o).
Sun 14/04/02 at 21:56
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
ADH wrote:
> WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> ADH wrote:
> There's just no down-side to it at all!
>
> Apart from the
> current lack of a broadband uploading facility...
>
>
> Fair enough, but the majority of people don't have broadband, so for
> the average internet user that's not a problem.

If you are really clever you can use the CGI features of the web space to use an online browser controlled file upload program :)
Sun 14/04/02 at 21:28
Regular
"Brrrrr."
One of the best is www.yourchoicebudget.com - 29.99 a year and you get POP3 accounts, subdomains and loads of other cool stuff!
Sun 14/04/02 at 17:02
Thanks for the prices mate
Sun 14/04/02 at 14:35
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
white_pele66 wrote: It still seems weird that you have to dial them up to upload your site.

Thats the only real way Freeola can ensure some sort of regular income without having monthy subscriptions ... which back when Freeola were set up, weren't the thing most people wanted, they prefered the freedom of pay-as-you-go. Of course, this is no longer the case, and most of us use eiither ADSL or before that paid monthly to BT or Freeserve. I started with BT Surftime which Freeserve supported but Freeola didn't so I no londer dialed up with Freeola. That is why Freeola make you upload via their dial up, otherwise people like me who use there Web Space for Free would just use my other ISP, and Freeola would get nothing from it.

I'm still hoping on Freeserve geting around to a Monthly fee based account like many others do now, but still on a normal phoneline access. They were looking into it, but whats happening, who knows.

Calls cost BT Local phone rates, which i know are 1p per min at weekens, 1.5p evenins, and 3p during the day I think.
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
if the servers busy then you'd be waiting for a long time, I can imagine that would happen quite often, although, their prices are still very cheap for what they offer.
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:40
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
yeah, but you only need to use it while uploading your site... which unless it uses large files or downloads shouldn't be a problem cos it'll only take a few mins...

not sure what the charges per min etc. are though...
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:34
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
When you dial up, that's how they make money. Didn't you think when you first saw the domains, 'bloody hell, that's cheap?' because I did. I was very close to buying one at one point, not really in favour of having to dial up to there ISP because I (well, my Dad) already pays a monthly fee for the internet, so I doubt he would want call charges on top of that as well.
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:21
Ok then so if i am to use Freeola as a dial up when i upload my site, what are the costs?

1p at weekends? + after 6?

Or wot?

It still seems weird that you have to dial them up to upload your site.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.