GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2 web addresses into 1"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/05/15 at 22:44
Regular
I have 2 web addresses hosted on Freeola, can I combine the two. One has a VIP hosting so wanted to use this facility for my other address
Wed 20/05/15 at 19:47
Regular
Thanks, very useful. I can work with this knowledge.
Wed 20/05/15 at 12:58
"Are you sure?"
If you used a '301 redirect' to redirect from Name1 to Name2 then after typing Name1 they would end up at Name2.
They would also see the Name2 URL in the address bar.

If you used a 'frames redirect' (also available in your MyFreeola options) then the address bar URL would stay the same - Name1 in this example.

Using a '301' would be my choice but it depends on what you are trying to achieve.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 20/05/15 at 09:52
Regular
Thanks for the advice. Would this mean visitors see the original web address or the address they've been redirected to?
Tue 19/05/15 at 22:56
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forum!

You could setup a 301 redirect, so one domain sends visitors to the other. You can do this with either an .htaccess entry or using the options in MyFreeola.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 19/05/15 at 22:44
Regular
I have 2 web addresses hosted on Freeola, can I combine the two. One has a VIP hosting so wanted to use this facility for my other address

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.