GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Meerkat 2 for 1 Cinema Tickets"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/04/15 at 22:22
Regular
Well my long absence from here warrants I do something good for the community, that by now, have probably forgotten me through my continued absence whilst I had various life priorities reducing my free time. Granted, these still are reducing my free time but I intend to spend a bit of time here again.

Anyway, back on point. We all know Orange Wednesdays has gone now. And Compare the Market have taken over with their own version that is pretty much the same deal but on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, right?

Well you can only get it for 12 months at a time, and one activation within that period per customer. There is a way of getting Meerkat Movies at a relatively cheap price.

1. Go to the Compare the Market website.
2. Fill in your details to do a comparison of travel insurance. Pick one day. It works especially well if you are actually travelling that day.
3. Select your cheapest option and buy the travel insurance.
4. Download the Meerkat Movies app to your smartphone.
5. Enter your policy number when prompted and you'll be able to get your codes to show at the cinema.

It did take an overnight wait before I could do step 5, probably whilst the website verified I had taken out a policy.

But it cost me just a couple of quid and I can now get 2 tickets for the price of one every Tuesday/Wednesday at the cinema. So one trip covers my travel insurance expense.

I wouldn't be surprised if the T&Cs change soon as this is a sneaky way of getting the offer, but if you're a keen cinema goer, this could save you a few quid. So check the T&Cs before doing it, obviously.

Enjoy, and I hope I'm still welcome here :)
Thu 10/09/15 at 21:31
Regular
Doh! Atleast you've got it in place for the next film you want to see though.
Thu 10/09/15 at 15:33
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
It's activated now - took until today to do it (bought the insurance on Monday noonish) which is a shame since the film we were planning on seeing this week is a final viewing at the cinema tonight, so obviously can't use it. Ah well.
Tue 08/09/15 at 20:03
Regular
When did you do it? It took overnight for it to register properly with the cinema part of the site when I did it.
Tue 08/09/15 at 16:03
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I have actually "legitimately" bought short-stay travel insurance through Compare the Market (2 days in Amsterdam) and have yet to be able to get the thing to confirm, which is a shame, and a little bit annoying if it doesn't come through by tomorrow considering I had planned on going to the cinema then.
Sat 01/08/15 at 14:09
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
My mates told me about this and it works really well. Although, when using it, I was the third person of three.

I think what makes it is when the staff say "two adults and one meerkat for Jurassic World.." Lets just say I am easily amused!
Sun 26/04/15 at 22:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Nice one Edgy and welcome back :¬)
Sun 26/04/15 at 22:22
Regular
Well my long absence from here warrants I do something good for the community, that by now, have probably forgotten me through my continued absence whilst I had various life priorities reducing my free time. Granted, these still are reducing my free time but I intend to spend a bit of time here again.

Anyway, back on point. We all know Orange Wednesdays has gone now. And Compare the Market have taken over with their own version that is pretty much the same deal but on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, right?

Well you can only get it for 12 months at a time, and one activation within that period per customer. There is a way of getting Meerkat Movies at a relatively cheap price.

1. Go to the Compare the Market website.
2. Fill in your details to do a comparison of travel insurance. Pick one day. It works especially well if you are actually travelling that day.
3. Select your cheapest option and buy the travel insurance.
4. Download the Meerkat Movies app to your smartphone.
5. Enter your policy number when prompted and you'll be able to get your codes to show at the cinema.

It did take an overnight wait before I could do step 5, probably whilst the website verified I had taken out a policy.

But it cost me just a couple of quid and I can now get 2 tickets for the price of one every Tuesday/Wednesday at the cinema. So one trip covers my travel insurance expense.

I wouldn't be surprised if the T&Cs change soon as this is a sneaky way of getting the offer, but if you're a keen cinema goer, this could save you a few quid. So check the T&Cs before doing it, obviously.

Enjoy, and I hope I'm still welcome here :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.