GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would you do if...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/04/02 at 15:30
Regular
You found out that a family member, close friend or loved one had murdered somebody?
Fri 10/04/15 at 09:42
Regular
Try booting with full admin rights and redoing the procedure you've already done (adding your user account in permissions).
1) Control Panel > User accounts > Change UAC settings - drop the slider to the bottom
2) Type 'Local Security Policy' in start screen/menu search and press enter
3) Go to Local Policies > Security Options, scroll to the bottom and set 'User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode' to Disabled
4) Restart PC when prompted
5) Re-add your user account to Temp permissions and re-enable the option from step 3, else you won't be able to use Modern apps
Sun 14/04/02 at 11:06
"Mimmargh!"
blahpro wrote:
> I know what you mean!

blahpro!? Have you been killing people again?

I was watching a program in murder investigations, and some guy was saying that you should put people in a vat of acid that even destroys the bones, thus if there is no body you can't charge them with murder.
(Not that I have ever tried it of course).
Sat 13/04/02 at 14:54
Regular
"Brrrrr."
I know what you mean!
Sat 13/04/02 at 14:31
Regular
"Wasting away"
I'd be paranoid for the rest of my life. The fact that you know, means that if there is a huge investigation, which there more then likely will be, then by lying you're being a friend, but you're also facing jail. It's all to do with your attitude towards your friends. If it was even someone I really disliked, I still wouldn't go the police, unless they annoyed me. It seems stupid, but it takes more courage to do the right thing.
Sat 13/04/02 at 13:50
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Another Question:

What would you do if YOU were the killer ? Where would you hide the body ? Where would you dispose of the weapon ? What would be you cover story ? You know. That sort of stuff ...

Think now!
Fri 12/04/02 at 18:52
i think it would depend on who they killed and how they did it.It would be cool thought,youd have your own free gun :D
Fri 12/04/02 at 17:23
"Mimmargh!"
It depends if I would get a cash reward!
Fri 12/04/02 at 12:06
If it was my Mother, My Step Farther or Sister, I would straight down the police station to report the crime and then I would offer my services to the CPS.

If it was my long term Girlfriend, well I couldn't do a lot as it would have been me who was murdered.

On a serious note, it all depends on the circumstances. If someone takes a life out of anger, prejudice or simply for the shear sake of it, then it does not matter who they are or who the victim was, It was wrong and they should face the consequences.
Thu 11/04/02 at 19:35
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I don't think I could turn in someone close to me just like that... not unless they had totally flipped their lid perhaps. As most people have said, it depends on circumstance. What really would become awkward, is if they ask you for help in some way. Where do you draw the line? Obviously you won't help dispose of the body, (will you?) but will you offer an alibi if asked by the police?
Thu 11/04/02 at 08:42
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Very hard question! Haven't a clue!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.