GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Akira - Graphic novelisationness......."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/04/02 at 15:26
Regular
WooHoo!

Just been wandering about the web and came across a fine fact that some of you manga fans may be interested in.

Firstly, let me just say that if you're a proper Manga fan you'll A) already know this, and B) be getting ready to tell me that Akira has been available in English for ages had I only bothered to subscribe to Manga-Mania all those years ago.

But anyway, for the rest of you.

From April 26th all of "Akira" the original graphic novel will be available for purchase in the UK!

I bought volume 1 years ago and then waited many years for the release of volume 2.... it didn't happen and I plum forgot about the whole thing.
The recent release of Akira on DVD stirred up old memories of my love for its crazyness and so I pulled out the old Akira Graphic Novel part 1 and had a look through it.

Then it occurred to me that the remaining 5 parts might have gotten a little closer to release and indeed they were!

I'm not sure how long volumes 1-5 have been available (in full colour and completely translated etc) but the 6th and Final volume will be available in a couple of weeks!

Just to let you know.

I'm sure someone out there will appreciate it.

Perhaps not?

Good bye.
Fri 10/04/15 at 09:39
Regular
Go to Update help
Thu 11/04/02 at 14:04
he falls off it.

the end.
Thu 11/04/02 at 00:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The only thing i recall about Akira is a guy on a motorcycle, care to fill in the blanks, anyone?
Wed 10/04/02 at 16:35
Regular
Back in the day they used to have Akira in every issue of Manga Mania, I had quite a few episodes. Didn't make much sense though...
Wed 10/04/02 at 16:28
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
My bro bought me volume 1 last Chrissy. It's proper right good! The only trouble is that each volume is about 25 quid, so collecting them is probably going to take several years.

I found another cool novel that Katsuhiro Otomo (akira bloke) did too, it's called Domu and it has a similar story to Akira, it also rules.

Just thought I'd say that. :)
Wed 10/04/02 at 15:26
WooHoo!

Just been wandering about the web and came across a fine fact that some of you manga fans may be interested in.

Firstly, let me just say that if you're a proper Manga fan you'll A) already know this, and B) be getting ready to tell me that Akira has been available in English for ages had I only bothered to subscribe to Manga-Mania all those years ago.

But anyway, for the rest of you.

From April 26th all of "Akira" the original graphic novel will be available for purchase in the UK!

I bought volume 1 years ago and then waited many years for the release of volume 2.... it didn't happen and I plum forgot about the whole thing.
The recent release of Akira on DVD stirred up old memories of my love for its crazyness and so I pulled out the old Akira Graphic Novel part 1 and had a look through it.

Then it occurred to me that the remaining 5 parts might have gotten a little closer to release and indeed they were!

I'm not sure how long volumes 1-5 have been available (in full colour and completely translated etc) but the 6th and Final volume will be available in a couple of weeks!

Just to let you know.

I'm sure someone out there will appreciate it.

Perhaps not?

Good bye.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.