GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"trailing hash added to link from shtml page"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 06/04/15 at 07:01
Regular
I've just finished writing a website that gets its navigation from an shtml include file.

Here it is
http://www.durhambats.org.uk/index.html

In IE or chrome it works fine. In FF it shows a trailing hash after the link URL - and it fails.

Can anyone help please?
Mon 06/04/15 at 10:52
"Are you sure?"
I see you're using the bootstrap framework.

As the others have said the navigation does work fine - but you need to click rather than hover. Were you expecting the navigation to dropdown using hover?

The # looks correct:
<a aria-expanded="false" href="[b]#[/b]" class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown">

FWIW I've been looking at bootstrap and some of the other popular frameworks recently. For me it's still a problem when they don't work with IE8 as I see a lot of people are still using this.

Your site looks completely different in IE8 - the navigation doesn't show at all for example...

More and more people are dropping support for IE8 and not worrying so perhaps that's the way to go - but it seems a shame to lose those visitors.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 06/04/15 at 09:32
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Looks fine to me too, can't see any issues at at all.

You might just want to clear your browser cache, try again. I can't really see it being anything other than this, as it seems to display perfectly in all browsers as far as I can tell.
Mon 06/04/15 at 09:20
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi johnmelodeon,

Just viewed the site in FF37.0.1 and all looks fine. Nothing visible as you suggest.
Mon 06/04/15 at 07:01
Regular
I've just finished writing a website that gets its navigation from an shtml include file.

Here it is
http://www.durhambats.org.uk/index.html

In IE or chrome it works fine. In FF it shows a trailing hash after the link URL - and it fails.

Can anyone help please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.