GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"setting up opencart for 1st time on freeola"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/03/15 at 16:37
Regular
hello, can anyone help me, I have done a "1 click install" with opencart, thinking it was just that, but I still need to change/set some stuff on my database?? completely new to this, can anyone talk me though this process, I am stuck completely, my cpanel does not look anything like the ones the tutorials show, so im lost, help please, thanks
Mon 30/03/15 at 11:14
"Are you sure?"
davidb wrote:
...think I am looking in totally the wrong place!

Hi, I've had a quick look through Freeola's guide (see my earlier link) - which step is causing you the problem?

'Step 5' mentions renaming files, but this will be on your computer before you upload(FTP) them to the web server.

It looks like the rest of the install is then carried out from within opencart, via a browser.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: Typo - 'reset' should have read rest!
Sun 29/03/15 at 17:46
Regular
Hello, I have read it yes, I was having problems doing it myself, so staff at freeola kindly did it again for me, but the same problem is there, I need to get into MySQL setting and change some files, but if I try to go to my sql databases that freeola set up for me, I cant get to see the files...think I am looking in totally the wrong place!
Sun 29/03/15 at 17:36
"Are you sure?"
I'm not familiar with OpenCart so can't be of much help I'm afraid.

Hopefully a staffie will be along soon to advise, or remember you can also ask for help via a Support Ticket.

I take it you've tried following Freeola's instructions: Installing OpenCart with Freeola?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 29/03/15 at 16:37
Regular
hello, can anyone help me, I have done a "1 click install" with opencart, thinking it was just that, but I still need to change/set some stuff on my database?? completely new to this, can anyone talk me though this process, I am stuck completely, my cpanel does not look anything like the ones the tutorials show, so im lost, help please, thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.