GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm so new to this...help?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/03/15 at 14:13
Regular
Hi,

So new and so lost. Built a website with InstantPro and since I've never done it before I'm pretty chuffed. But I want to add more to it like a scrolling update banner (not even sure if the terms right) to the top of my page, eventually paypal etc. I just saw a similar post and the oneclick stuff was recommended. Looking at the vip hosting I'm confused whether it would be the same as instantpro only better or if I would be out of my depth?

Any advice? Would be appreciated!

Vicki
Wed 01/04/15 at 16:08
"Are you sure?"
Movic wrote:
please am new in freeola.com site i just register and i want to knw where i can use in sending email where is the page of compose please friends i need your help

Hi and welcome to the forum.
To be able to make full use of the free email you need to be a Freeola customer - further details here. Non-customers can receive email via a free address.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 01/04/15 at 14:52
Regular
please am new in freeola.com site i just register and i want to knw where i can use in sending email where is the page of compose please friends i need your help
Tue 31/03/15 at 11:49
Regular
"Why so srs?"
Just had a quick look at your website, I must say it's looking mighty good.

Entirely a fan of the logo you have created. Don't forget to submit your site to the free customer listings as it will be in the running to win Site of the Week.
Sun 29/03/15 at 12:10
"Are you sure?"
Glad to see your WP site is up and running this morning :¬)

The responsive theme you are using is definitely the easiest way to create a mobile/responsive website as well!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 28/03/15 at 18:32
"Are you sure?"
Sorry to hear that.

Your best bet is to raise a Support Ticket with all your details and I'm sure a staffie will sort you out!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 28/03/15 at 18:15
Regular
Tried...tried all day to run the one click install from wordpress and have failed miserably. I'm nothing if not determined but I cannot get my head round it. I followed the guide that was posted in a previous post and my website just comes up with an error screen., Completely lost now!

Vicki
Fri 27/03/15 at 17:16
Regular
Ahhh no I hate it when people do that, even more when I just lurk on forums looking for help then find a helpful link only to find that people say their in the same situation but then there is no advice or solution!! Sorry for the rant!

Haha cheers! Like I said, never built a website before hence being pretty chuffed :) I will definitely have a look at the SEO stuff, it's one thing I've never taken the time to delve into and obviously something I really need.

Thanks for all your advice, I'm going to start looking for tutorials now...you may find me back crying out for help again in the near future!! ;)
Fri 27/03/15 at 16:47
"Are you sure?"
No problem, and thanks for replying - a lot of people ask a question and then never update their thread!?!

I've just taken a look at your website and see you've already used many features!

One thing you have missed though is SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). No doubt you want to make your site search engine friendly to attract some visitors...

Here's an old post of mine: SEO for InstantPro that's still relevant and also links to Freeola's own official SEO guidelines that weren't available when I wrote this.

If you want to look further into the One Click systems Freeola offer - choose one like WordPress and then you'll find LOTS of video tutorials. Then you'll know what you'll have to work with if you try that route. The 'one click' process is there to help you avoid all the techie SQL bits etc.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 27/03/15 at 16:36
Regular
Ok, thanks for your reply.

Before I decide to switch and run the risk of starting all over, is it that much harder that InstantPro? I have a good idea of what I'm doing, kinda, but given a blank screen and having to write everything myself I would fail. I can't seem to find any videos demonstrating what the VIP SQL on one click stuff is like, so have nothing to compare to.

Thanks again!
Fri 27/03/15 at 16:11
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

If you're currently "pretty chuffed" you may be better continuing with InstantPro :¬)

But my comments in the previous post you are referring to are the same.

Using Freeola's One Click installed CMS will no doubt also work well for you. This would allow you to do more complex things, but will also mean it's a bit more complicated to master!

You might have to look at and experiment with things until you find something you are happy with.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.