GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How often are the Freeola Sites of the Week updated?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/01/15 at 10:30
"possibly impossible"
How often are the Freeola Sites of the Week updated? Should they perhaps be renamed...

Yes, ulterior motives here, of course I want to know if there's an opportunity for my Freeola hosted site to be featured too!

As soon as I can work out how to access the footer code, I'm going to add a line that says 'Hosted by Freeola' with a link. I've been that impressed with how easy it was to set up and how little it's costing me to have the site hosted here compared to my last host.
Tue 27/01/15 at 14:19
Regular
"Why so srs?"
pb wrote:

Did you see that I added a nice little extra bit to the site with a mention of Freeola hosting? :)

I did indeed, it's true we are wonderful.

Many thanks and best of luck with the ongoing developments.
Tue 27/01/15 at 13:57
"possibly impossible"
srs_wubwub wrote:
PB, the 'Geekstuff' page has seriously made me consider whether I have to spare funds to subscribe to that service.

Congratulations on the Site of the Week. This isn't awarded because you brought the matter up but due to the actual design and content. It's clearly a WordPress site but the use of the top scroller is fantastic.

oooh. Thank you!

Did you see that I added a nice little extra bit to the site with a mention of Freeola hosting? :)
Tue 27/01/15 at 13:45
Regular
"Why so srs?"
PB, the 'Geekstuff' page has seriously made me consider whether I have to spare funds to subscribe to that service.

Congratulations on the Site of the Week. This isn't awarded because you brought the matter up but due to the actual design and content. It's clearly a WordPress site but the use of the top scroller is fantastic.
Tue 27/01/15 at 12:55
Regular
"Why so srs?"
pb wrote:
Yep, gone through the free promotion stuff and submitted a few days ago, got an email yesterday to say it was on there, but it seems my site currently appears at the bottom of one list which is at the end of a corridor at the bottom of a flight of stairs beyond a door that says 'beware of the lion'.

and, yes, hmmm, I know, but I had much more reason recently to move and things have been 'aligning' at the moment to make this the right time.

Thank you for your confirmation. It's not a lion it's a dog...Fluffy, now I hope you've seen Harry Potter.

I'll take a look at your site momentarily.
Tue 27/01/15 at 11:59
"possibly impossible"
Yep, gone through the free promotion stuff and submitted a few days ago, got an email yesterday to say it was on there, but it seems my site currently appears at the bottom of one list which is at the end of a corridor at the bottom of a flight of stairs beyond a door that says 'beware of the lion'.

and, yes, hmmm, I know, but I had much more reason recently to move and things have been 'aligning' at the moment to make this the right time.
Tue 27/01/15 at 11:32
Regular
"Why so srs?"
Hi PB,

Yes it appears they should be renamed. Or in fact I should review the method that is used to update them as this is a prize or banner so to speak that the winner should be proud of.

I admire your motive of course. Could you confirm that you have submitted your site for the free website promotion. Once it has been submitted I will get to have a good look at the site and see whether it is a worthy winner.

Thank you for the positive feedback PB, I must say that our hosting service really is easy to use and I'm not biased in any way shape or form.

All the best!
Tue 27/01/15 at 11:16
"Are you sure?"
pb wrote:
I've been that impressed with how easy it was to set up and how little it's costing me to have the site hosted here compared to my last host.

*searches for the many, many times I've suggested you move to Freeola*!
:¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 27/01/15 at 10:30
"possibly impossible"
How often are the Freeola Sites of the Week updated? Should they perhaps be renamed...

Yes, ulterior motives here, of course I want to know if there's an opportunity for my Freeola hosted site to be featured too!

As soon as I can work out how to access the footer code, I'm going to add a line that says 'Hosted by Freeola' with a link. I've been that impressed with how easy it was to set up and how little it's costing me to have the site hosted here compared to my last host.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.