GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Twitter Widget no longer supported with Internet Explorer (early versions)."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/01/15 at 14:12
"Are you sure?"
This might be of interest...
I can see a few people are having problems with this in the last few days.

Twitter Widget
Earlier this month (January 2015) Twitter stopped supporting earlier versions of Internet Explorer - IE7 was dropped a short while back and now IE8 is no longer supported.

Here's the official Twitter announcement. Even this isn't viewable with IE8!

The Twitter Widget is still supported in IE9 and newer but you now also need to have a valid DOCTYPE for the widget to work correctly!

I'm pleased to report that Freeola's InstantPro is still playing nicely with the Twitter Widget - for IE9 and newer: My InstantPro Twitter example page.

IE8 users no longer see the embedded Twitter stream but get a simple Twitter link to follow as a fallback.

Firefox and Chrome visitors shouldn't be effected by Twitter's recent change.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 26/01/15 at 14:12
"Are you sure?"
This might be of interest...
I can see a few people are having problems with this in the last few days.

Twitter Widget
Earlier this month (January 2015) Twitter stopped supporting earlier versions of Internet Explorer - IE7 was dropped a short while back and now IE8 is no longer supported.

Here's the official Twitter announcement. Even this isn't viewable with IE8!

The Twitter Widget is still supported in IE9 and newer but you now also need to have a valid DOCTYPE for the widget to work correctly!

I'm pleased to report that Freeola's InstantPro is still playing nicely with the Twitter Widget - for IE9 and newer: My InstantPro Twitter example page.

IE8 users no longer see the embedded Twitter stream but get a simple Twitter link to follow as a fallback.

Firefox and Chrome visitors shouldn't be effected by Twitter's recent change.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.