GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playing games over the phone line..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 21:04
Regular
Is it possible to use a program with one of my mates to link out computers together using a direct dial up and play games over the phone line? Games like Red Alert 2 and Worms?

If there is where can I get it from and I don't want to buy anything!
Tue 06/01/15 at 16:02
With effect from 01/01/2015 the supply of electronic services within the EEC but outside the UK must be charged at the VAT rate of the destination Member State.

This applies even if the a company is not VAT registered.

Companies not registered under the HMRC MOSS scheme will need to be registered for VAT in every individual country where they supply these services.
Wed 10/04/02 at 13:23
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hmm.

You'd have to be running a TCP/IP server of some sort for this, I think. It's certainly possible, I'm just not sure how you'd do it.
Tue 09/04/02 at 22:21
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I dunno if I was clear enough...

I can basically enter their phone number and their computer will answer it. The computers will then be networked like a WAN. I don't want to connect to the internet at all and it looks like Gamespy is just an online server for games.
Tue 09/04/02 at 22:09
Regular
"Xboxsource webmaste"
If you download Gamespy 3D from www.gamespy.com, you'll be able to do just that, for free minus the cost of your internet calls (if any).

Failing that, the cheapest way to link 2 PCs together is by purchasing a pair of network cards, which you can probably aquire at the measly price of a tenner apiece from your local electronics emporium.
Tue 09/04/02 at 21:04
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Is it possible to use a program with one of my mates to link out computers together using a direct dial up and play games over the phone line? Games like Red Alert 2 and Worms?

If there is where can I get it from and I don't want to buy anything!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.