GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[GAME] Five Nights At Freddy's 2 - PC/Android/iPhone/Windows Phone"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/12/14 at 23:19
Regular
"Braaains"
Freddy's back! No, not Freddy Krueger - the mediocre reviews of the recent Nightmare on Elm Street have put paid to that. Instead, this title sees the return of Freddy Fazbear and his fellow terrifying animatronic friends. And this time they're even more homicidal. Sounds like fun.

In case you haven''t played the original game, I'll explain the ins and outs of the series. You play a night security guard charged with keeping the furry/robotic monstrosities that inhabit the pizza joint in check. A bit like Night at the Museum, except that you're stuck in the one room and use security cameras to watch the robots as they move around. They slowly make their way towards you - well one or two run - and you have to take measures to make sure they don't pull your face off.

In the previous game you had to resort to slamming the doors when they got close enough, the catch being that closing the doors used power, as did the security cameras. So when the power ran out, you were doomed. So you had to balance keeping power use low with keeping the robots out of your room. Fail and you got a nasty scare.

In FNF2, you don't have to deal with any power restrictions. Yay! Unfortunately, there are no doors, and your primary method of avoiding death is sticking a nearby empty animatronic head on your own bonce. This doesn't fool all of the monsters, however, and you also need to keep a music box wound up to avoid on particular monster coming after you. You can't wind the music box with your fake head on, either, so things become a juggling acting.

I guess the question is really, 'Is it still scary?'. The answer is, yes. It's scary. But in a different way to the original and, I feel it suffers a little for that. In FNF2, it feels more like you're juggling plates, handling the different tasks the game throws at you. However, the original was more tense because you had the ability to close the doors. That made the game more scary, because you knew that the longer you hid, the more likely you were going to lose.

That said, FNF2 is worth getting - I'd recommend getting it from Desura.com since it's a good couple of quid cheaper than on Steam. But only if you've finished the original game. It's a good game, with plenty of scares, but suffers a little compared to the first game.

Pros:
It's scary.
There's plenty of new things going on.

Cons:
It's not as good as the original.

Score: 7 out of 10.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 07/12/14 at 23:19
Regular
"Braaains"
Freddy's back! No, not Freddy Krueger - the mediocre reviews of the recent Nightmare on Elm Street have put paid to that. Instead, this title sees the return of Freddy Fazbear and his fellow terrifying animatronic friends. And this time they're even more homicidal. Sounds like fun.

In case you haven''t played the original game, I'll explain the ins and outs of the series. You play a night security guard charged with keeping the furry/robotic monstrosities that inhabit the pizza joint in check. A bit like Night at the Museum, except that you're stuck in the one room and use security cameras to watch the robots as they move around. They slowly make their way towards you - well one or two run - and you have to take measures to make sure they don't pull your face off.

In the previous game you had to resort to slamming the doors when they got close enough, the catch being that closing the doors used power, as did the security cameras. So when the power ran out, you were doomed. So you had to balance keeping power use low with keeping the robots out of your room. Fail and you got a nasty scare.

In FNF2, you don't have to deal with any power restrictions. Yay! Unfortunately, there are no doors, and your primary method of avoiding death is sticking a nearby empty animatronic head on your own bonce. This doesn't fool all of the monsters, however, and you also need to keep a music box wound up to avoid on particular monster coming after you. You can't wind the music box with your fake head on, either, so things become a juggling acting.

I guess the question is really, 'Is it still scary?'. The answer is, yes. It's scary. But in a different way to the original and, I feel it suffers a little for that. In FNF2, it feels more like you're juggling plates, handling the different tasks the game throws at you. However, the original was more tense because you had the ability to close the doors. That made the game more scary, because you knew that the longer you hid, the more likely you were going to lose.

That said, FNF2 is worth getting - I'd recommend getting it from Desura.com since it's a good couple of quid cheaper than on Steam. But only if you've finished the original game. It's a good game, with plenty of scares, but suffers a little compared to the first game.

Pros:
It's scary.
There's plenty of new things going on.

Cons:
It's not as good as the original.

Score: 7 out of 10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.