GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What terrorists?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/08/06 at 19:06
Regular
Wow I'm really slow today, I didn't even realise what was going on in the airports. Glued to the information superhighway and it still took me half a day to find out. Sure I checked the latest news, it's just it was for Big Brother instead heh. (not that I watch it anymore :P)

I'm guessing the rest of you woke up to the news. Liquid bombs huh? No hand luggage? Not even a book :S

Good thing this didn't happen 2 weeks ago when I was in Heathrow, waving my gf off.
Thu 10/08/06 at 19:06
Regular
Wow I'm really slow today, I didn't even realise what was going on in the airports. Glued to the information superhighway and it still took me half a day to find out. Sure I checked the latest news, it's just it was for Big Brother instead heh. (not that I watch it anymore :P)

I'm guessing the rest of you woke up to the news. Liquid bombs huh? No hand luggage? Not even a book :S

Good thing this didn't happen 2 weeks ago when I was in Heathrow, waving my gf off.
Thu 10/08/06 at 19:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea came home to it after work and step-dad was watching the news on the tv. That limitation better only be on flights to America because if i have to spend 18 odd hours on a plane going to Japan with no laptop, iPod or anything to keep me entertained, some Terrorists will be the least of their worries
Thu 10/08/06 at 22:44
Regular
"..."
Can't really miss it in my line of work, whenever there's a terrorist threat our office goes into an almost lockdown like state. The directors disapear into the boardroom, which soon resembles a 'war room', the legal and PR departments complete disapear to the 'front line' at the airports and everone else crowds around overhead projectors with Sky news feeds....
Thu 10/08/06 at 23:28
Regular
"Mooching around"
I missed it too, my nan had to inform me today, heh.
Fri 11/08/06 at 08:53
Regular
I heard the news in the car on the way to my son's creche. I am so glad we're not travelling in the near future - like everyone else I don't think I could face a long haul flight without hand luggage. Can you imagine taking a child on with no handluggage? Last time we flew to Malaysia I had a huge bag of nappies, spare clothes, toys etc, etc.

My sister's currently in SE Asia and coming back soon, hope she isn't effected by all this.

I'd rather this than if they hadn't found out though - this is all a small price to pay. I think the security services have done a great job.
Fri 11/08/06 at 12:40
Regular
"all good things..."
One person who was arrested yesterday came from High Wycombe, 2 miles from where I live :(
Fri 11/08/06 at 16:00
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A few of my mates have just got back from Sidari so they missed it by 2 days.

Not going away until November so hopefully if we do fly the restrictions will have been lifted as I hate the boredom of flying.
Sun 13/08/06 at 12:47
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I was woken up by this news... quite literally, as my parents had the TV on very loud, very early that morning.

It's really quite something, the scale of the plot and the reaction to it as well; although there is an element of skepticism here, I hope this is a sign that such [actual] potential disasters can be averted with some degree of efficiency...
Sun 13/08/06 at 18:29
"possibly impossible"
I was watching the news because my airline send me regular mails on their status while I´m away. Interesting situation, they weren´t letting people carry even suncream or other liquids on the planes. I can imagine sales of it in the host countries going sky high.
Sun 13/08/06 at 20:26
Regular
I saw it on Sky News, when I was out in Tenerife, but only realised about the airport paendomonium that ensued in the check-in queue on Thursday. Luckily we were allowed handluggage, so my iPod and book were fine, but when we got back I heard about the restrictions on permitted hand luggage.

Just lucky this time avoiding it really, there weren't even any delays. Mind you, I flew into Hurn airport which is pretty small as airports go. 'Tis the exact opposite of the way back to New York; because we'd be flying over Washington there were strip-searches that lasted five hours. Five hours! That followed by seven and a half hour Virgin flight where no food and only one drink was served.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.