GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Simpsons - Is it Just me?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 16:35
Regular
Or is it getting worse and worse with every new episode?

I LOVE the simpsons, not as much as Cdouch, but I do watch it a lot, and I have to say that recently it's certainly been going downhill. I now find that Homer annoys me in newer episodes as he is much cockier then before, which I don't think suits him, and Marge's voice irritates me like hell! The kids are sane the parents aren't.

The jokes are just getting a bit unoriginal. I do like The Simpsons, but I think they should end it, in case it gets too bad and they are forced into doing so.

Thoughts?
Sat 27/04/02 at 20:56
im really getting fed up with Marges naging and bithchy voice
Sat 27/04/02 at 20:21
i think your overlooking the fact that the simpsons, is one of the greastet animated comedies of all time. it's been running for so long and even though the newer episodes are not a patch on the older ones, there still good. Alot of people would be very upset if they stopped doing the simpsons
Tue 23/04/02 at 14:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Allot of TV series sooner or later begin to become as less fun to watch as they where when we first saw them. Especially when they've been out as long as the Simpsons.
Tue 23/04/02 at 10:26
In Friends it's sad seeing Chandler and Joey getting fatter (and very red - Chandler). Monica grossy thin, pheobe very wrinkly and looking rather old. Ross and Rachel are the only ones that haven't changed much apart from their hair.

Friends is very much like the Simpsons, it's been on for ages, you watch the new episodes because there's nothing better on and you just know it's not what it use to be. Both have been milked far too long yet we await the final episode but dread it too.
Mon 22/04/02 at 21:49
Regular
I thought the episode was OK-ish, there was something weird about it, dont know what though!
Mon 22/04/02 at 21:08
Its happening to all the comedies. Friends is awful, Frasier has completely lost the wit it used to have, as you say the Simpsons are going downhill, Spin city has a rubbish cast, for some reason American comedies don't know when to quit - great British cmedies like Faulty Towers and The Thin Blue Line and only 12 or 14 episodes and they were all brilliant, and the whole image isn't ruined by watching the actors get old and the script get looser.
Mon 22/04/02 at 20:28
"...Unicef pennies.."
yakumo wrote:
> but I like Renoir Wolfcastle he rules

Renoir Wolfcastle? RENOIR WOLFCASTLE???

*Rainier Wolfcastle struggles in vain to control his seething temper*

*Rainier Wolfcastle Bursts from Ice sculpture*

yakumo: "McBain!"

RW: "Ice to see you."

*Rainier Wolfcastle Riddles the bodies of yakumo and most other SR users, including those eating cake or playing cello, with high caliber semi-automatic machine gun fire.*

Random Bird: "Well McBain, you certainly took care of that meeting!"

RW: "Right now i'm thinking of holding another meeting....in bed."
Mon 22/04/02 at 18:01
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Whats not to get?
She wanted Milhouse to get back at Bart and make him jelouse, which worked
Mon 22/04/02 at 12:49
I didn't like the new episode, it was okay something to watch but it just didn't make much sense. Bart not fancying her, why the hell she would want Milhouse. Just an excuse to go to Canada and the bit in the end I didn't understand. That's just me though I'm sure everyone else loved it to bits and would put it in their top 10 fav. episode.
Sun 21/04/02 at 20:24
Regular
"Whatever!"
Tonights new episode wasnt that bad at all - A lot better than most of the latest series!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.