GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 2 Chat - What would we like?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/04/02 at 16:00
Regular
After playing the Xbox for countless hours (my the sleepless nights I've had playing Halo), It has now got me wondering what we would like for an Xbox 2 console.

So I thought I would get the ball rolling and you guys (and gals if there are any about on these forums) can follow on.

1) Controllers
==============

The controllers have been getting a varied response from people so what do we want small, large, or a totally different approach, maybe come with a keyboard and mouse?

Me myself have no problems with the controller design although for racing games the top left and right buttons could be a little softer to press as it hurts alot after hours of playing, maybe its to encourage people to have a break, who knows :)

2) Graphics
===========

The Xbox blessed with technologies like Pixel Shaders and Vertex Lighting, what more can we expect?

I would like obviously a faster CPU and more fill rate power with Hidden Surface Removal technology. Not sure if the Xbox has this or not, but if it hasnt then it should be implemented for even more polygons to be onscreen.

What about you?

3) Games
========

So far we have only seen the first generation of games for the Xbox so this section is a tough one.

In saying this though I still think the Xbox 2 should be able to play Xbox games, and hopefully all future games to be Widescreen compatible. The fact that major games like Halo are not compatible therefore having to strecth the screen is a pain.

More diverse gaming, who would like games like Sonic, Final Fantasy, Tombraider on the Xbox power machine? Maybe Sega could be sold to Microsoft, imagine the possibilities there :)

4 Internet gaming & Browsing
============================

Should this be a free service? and should internet browsing be included, such as checking Email? or is it best to keep it seperate?

I think if a charge has to be applied then a small one. As for internet browsing and email, best left to PC's i think unless Microsoft aim on making them more has a entertainment system (which basically is the major step for any console as no other has achieved this with any real sucess).

5) Sound
========

I hate to say this but I have no thoughts for improved sound. Dolby Digital gaming (which I have explained in another post is absolutely amazing, so it's going to be hard to improve this, what do you think?

So here are a few pointers for you all to consider, have a think, think a little more, and see what you would like in another Xbox Console.

Maybe we can then get Microsoft to take notice :)
Thu 11/04/02 at 12:53
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
And don't forget Toejam & Earl 3 - exclusive to X-Box. :-)
Looking forward to that one. :-)
Thu 11/04/02 at 10:51
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Daveus wrote:
also about you wanting Tomb Raider, Sonic etc.
> Sonic belongs to Sega. they wouldn't wanna sell it and i wouldn't want them to.
> plus Sonic's Sega's masscot thing if you know what i mean.

Yes Sonic is Sega but Sega is now a software company, there not in the console market. Sega will have to make Sonic games for either PS2, Xbox or GC. Infact Sonic 2 Battle is on GC and Sonic is also on the GBA.

Sega has already let exclusive games you would only see on a Sega console be developed for other consoles. Xbox has Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi 3(exclusive to Xbox), Shenmue games, aswell as PSO. GC has Crazy Taxi 1 + 2, PSO, Sonic 2. PS2 has Space Channel 5, Crazy Taxi, 18 Wheeler, Virtua Fighter 4.

All these games would normally never appear on any console apart from a Sega console. Sega is now just a software company, so will make all there hit games for all the 3 next gen consoles.
Thu 11/04/02 at 08:29
I mean, who would want stupid little games like sonic when you could have games like GTA3 and even a HALO 2, there the games you should be excited about, not sonic
Wed 10/04/02 at 23:37
Regular
"BOSE"
err...

i only read a few words that caught my attention like having a faster CPU. hello, anyone in? this is the most powerful console on earth! what are you on? (serious question)

also about you wanting Tomb Raider, Sonic etc. Sonic belongs to Sega. they wouldn't wanna sell it and i wouldn't want them to. plus Sonic's Sega's masscot thing if you know what i mean. Tomb Raider i aint bothered about really. haven't thought about it until you mentioned it.

i think the Xbox's for more older and advanced gamers myself. all the games aren't for younger gamers etc. there's lots to remember you know. i'm glad it's a serious machine.

the GC's a lower-case-reject subsitute good for the PS2 - and the PS2's 3x slower than the Xbox. i've surfed and i've looked through the Special Reserve magazine and all i can see the GC being is companies that re-make lots of N64 games. have lots of kids crap - pokemon digimon etc. and stick to endless amounts of Mario and co. do you get what i'm saying? Nintendo have been in the business for god knows how long and their gaming ideas are fastly decreasing. people'll forget about them soon
Wed 10/04/02 at 14:14
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
do u suffor from premature ejac......
Tue 09/04/02 at 18:56
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Thee of little faith, in PC terms 3 weeks is enough for another graphics card ;)

Ok slight exageration :), but i think this topic is worth exploring, a way of finding out inital impressions which could be used for the Xbox 2
Tue 09/04/02 at 17:51
Geez its only been out for 3 weeks lets enjoy what we have got!!!
Tue 09/04/02 at 16:00
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
After playing the Xbox for countless hours (my the sleepless nights I've had playing Halo), It has now got me wondering what we would like for an Xbox 2 console.

So I thought I would get the ball rolling and you guys (and gals if there are any about on these forums) can follow on.

1) Controllers
==============

The controllers have been getting a varied response from people so what do we want small, large, or a totally different approach, maybe come with a keyboard and mouse?

Me myself have no problems with the controller design although for racing games the top left and right buttons could be a little softer to press as it hurts alot after hours of playing, maybe its to encourage people to have a break, who knows :)

2) Graphics
===========

The Xbox blessed with technologies like Pixel Shaders and Vertex Lighting, what more can we expect?

I would like obviously a faster CPU and more fill rate power with Hidden Surface Removal technology. Not sure if the Xbox has this or not, but if it hasnt then it should be implemented for even more polygons to be onscreen.

What about you?

3) Games
========

So far we have only seen the first generation of games for the Xbox so this section is a tough one.

In saying this though I still think the Xbox 2 should be able to play Xbox games, and hopefully all future games to be Widescreen compatible. The fact that major games like Halo are not compatible therefore having to strecth the screen is a pain.

More diverse gaming, who would like games like Sonic, Final Fantasy, Tombraider on the Xbox power machine? Maybe Sega could be sold to Microsoft, imagine the possibilities there :)

4 Internet gaming & Browsing
============================

Should this be a free service? and should internet browsing be included, such as checking Email? or is it best to keep it seperate?

I think if a charge has to be applied then a small one. As for internet browsing and email, best left to PC's i think unless Microsoft aim on making them more has a entertainment system (which basically is the major step for any console as no other has achieved this with any real sucess).

5) Sound
========

I hate to say this but I have no thoughts for improved sound. Dolby Digital gaming (which I have explained in another post is absolutely amazing, so it's going to be hard to improve this, what do you think?

So here are a few pointers for you all to consider, have a think, think a little more, and see what you would like in another Xbox Console.

Maybe we can then get Microsoft to take notice :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.