GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"adobe spam email"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/10/14 at 12:57
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
got email today

subject : Adobe Invoice

checked all the headers and they do seem to be genuinely adobe.com

invoice is for cloud services which I don't believe I signed up to...
so I did a bit of digging and found this:

http://tinyurl.com/k4dyc53

it is in junk and I hadn't opened the attachment anyway - - this is a friendly warning...
Tue 21/10/14 at 21:56
"Are you sure?"
webcity1 wrote:
... I can't find any info on this one as a scam/phish etc on the web

Googling the URL you posted does show others receiving spoofed spam today like you.

As you know there are loads of spam emails with dodgy attachments doing the rounds.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 21/10/14 at 19:38
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
got another one today - they're getting more cunning. from humbermerchants.co.uk : again all looks kosher initially (except of course I have had no dealings with them) and I can't find any info on this one as a scam/phish etc on the web so I checked the last received field - seems to be originating from :

(SAMSUNG-PC) [197.7.15.35]

perhaps we need to blacklist this ip for the junk filtering?
Mon 20/10/14 at 20:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks for that info Eccles ... always nice to know as this type of email seems to be on the rise ;¬)
Mon 20/10/14 at 19:34
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You've probably deleted this message by now but if not check the headers again and look at the last 'Received: from' section. It will probably be an IP address and not a hostname. Generally legitimate sending servers will have a hostname and reverse DNS setup. The example I've seen of this message doesn't.
Mon 20/10/14 at 12:57
Regular
"a pint of plain..."
got email today

subject : Adobe Invoice

checked all the headers and they do seem to be genuinely adobe.com

invoice is for cloud services which I don't believe I signed up to...
so I did a bit of digging and found this:

http://tinyurl.com/k4dyc53

it is in junk and I hadn't opened the attachment anyway - - this is a friendly warning...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.