GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Happy Birthday PS1"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/09/14 at 13:21
"possibly impossible"
Today is the anniversary of the US release of the PS1.
September 9th 1995 saw the release of Sony's first games console and arguably an important new generation of gaming.

The console may have not been the only one on the scene, the N64 and Saturn joined it, but Sony's clever marketing in nightclubs and on TV meant that games like Wipeout and Crash Bandicoot were cemented into the minds of gamers.

So, what are your memories of the PS1? Did it change gaming for you?
Fri 03/10/14 at 23:40
"possibly impossible"
You see, I didn't like the Ferrari game but I really got on well with Kudos, forcing you to drive with style rather than just win a race.
Thu 25/09/14 at 11:34
Regular
"And in last place.."
I felt there was too much emphasis placed on the Kudos system. I'm pretty sure I couldn't pass a race because I didn't get enough points despite winning. I preferred Ferrari 355 Challenge for some DC driving. And Crazy Taxi was better still.
Wed 24/09/14 at 14:46
"possibly impossible"
I loved MSR, for me it was the best racer of that generation, along with Gran Turismo 3 for the more sim type racing on PS2.
Wed 24/09/14 at 09:14
Regular
"And in last place.."
The DC was one of my favourite consoles but I hated MSR. Ironically I was a fan of PGR.
Wed 24/09/14 at 08:27
"possibly impossible"
What I didn't realise is that it was also the Dreamcast's Birthday in the North America region on the same day (the UK release was October 14th 1999).

I always felt that the Dreamcast was criminally undersold. It was an excellent console with some fantastic games (some of which made their way to Gamecube and Xbox).

Who remembers MSR? The pre-cursor to Project Gotham Racing had the perfect balancing system and ideas that you can still find in forthcoming games like Forza Horizon 2 (some of the development team from MSR are now Playground Games).

Jet Set Radio, Skies of Arcadia, Power Stone, the first Soul Calibur game, Shenmue, Phantasy Star Online...
Wed 10/09/14 at 20:19
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
If you mean Super Mario 64 ... then it's confirmed ;¬)
Wed 10/09/14 at 18:15
"possibly impossible"
Question: did the PS1 usher In the age of 3D gaming or was that Mario 64?
Tue 09/09/14 at 20:01
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
What an awful game ... must have been young to even appreciate it!
Tue 09/09/14 at 15:35
Regular
"Why so srs?"
pb wrote:
srs_wubwub wrote:
[i]In 1995 I was young, very young but the PS1 holds the best memories for me as it was the major treat to play Die Hard along with my brother.

As I've already mentioned, Crash Bandicoot was a favourite and I distinctly remember playing a Rugrats golf game??Any source for that would be greatly appreciated.

There's this new technology you can use, it's called Google ;)

Anyway, it might be this [/i]

That's exactly it, it's as dreadful as I remember but still I can't dislike it.

Google you say, you must mean Bing ;)
Tue 09/09/14 at 14:58
"possibly impossible"
srs_wubwub wrote:
In 1995 I was young, very young but the PS1 holds the best memories for me as it was the major treat to play Die Hard along with my brother.

As I've already mentioned, Crash Bandicoot was a favourite and I distinctly remember playing a Rugrats golf game??Any source for that would be greatly appreciated.

There's this new technology you can use, it's called Google ;)

Anyway, it might be this

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.