GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fritzbox and Freeola IPv6"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/08/14 at 14:11
Regular
Hi,

My Fritzbox supports IPv6.

Does Freeola support native IPv6? If so (@Eccles), how would I configure the Fritzbox?

Thanks,

Neil
Tue 19/08/14 at 14:11
Regular
Hi,

My Fritzbox supports IPv6.

Does Freeola support native IPv6? If so (@Eccles), how would I configure the Fritzbox?

Thanks,

Neil
Tue 19/08/14 at 15:33
"Are you sure?"
Yes, but I believe you need an IPv6 address allocation first.
Once that's ready then you can configure your router.

Eccles will have the details :¬)

I think you might be the only FTTC customer that posts here - how did your move go? What sort of outage did you have between switching from ADSL to VDSL and what package did you go for?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 19/08/14 at 16:26
Regular
My move was smooth.

BT came over, installed the 'default' kit, then came to the end of my street with me to re-wire my circuit in the cabinet.

I've got full speed with the 80/20 package.

N.
Tue 19/08/14 at 17:54
"Are you sure?"
That sounds good :¬)
Self-installs are rolling out so I wondered how things worked.

I'm about 600m away from my cabinet (not live yet) so will be opting for a 40/? package, as at that distance in theory it's only capable of around 35.

@Freeola are you able to publish prices/packages soon?!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 19/08/14 at 19:19
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
@Neilj99 - Drop us a support ticket if you haven't done so already and ask for an IPv6 allocation.
Login to your router and under Internet > Account Information go to the IPv6 tab.

Check IPv6 support enabled
Always use a native IPv6 connection

Under the Connection Settings section:
Check Use static settings and then more options show.

In these options:

Set the LAN Prefix to the IPv6 prefix supplied, for example 2001:4d48:ad51:3500:: and /56
Set the WAN prefix to manual and the prefix part of the Network IPv6 address supplied.
I also set 'WAN interface ID' to auto.
I also set my IPv6 DNS to 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2620:0:ccc::2
Tue 19/08/14 at 23:37
Regular
Will do.

Many thanks.

N.

EDIT: Ticket number 199272
Wed 20/08/14 at 15:12
Regular
@Eccles

I had a telecon with your colleague today and he suggested it may not be the best idea to convert as there maybe issues which you would be unable to support. He also said that some websites may not be accessible over IPv6, and that I may not be able to convert back.

I'm not sure if I should request one now.

Would I really benefit from one?

N.
Wed 20/08/14 at 15:59
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
It may not be of any help but you can get information about your IPv6 connectivity here and how well your present set up will respond.
Wed 20/08/14 at 16:25
Regular
I ran that earlier.

My stats are 0/10. But that's because my router hasn't been configured for IPv6 I should imagine.

N.
Wed 20/08/14 at 17:42
"Are you sure?"
Neilj99 wrote:
I had a telecon with your colleague today and he suggested it may not be the best idea to convert as there maybe issues which you would be unable to support. He also said that some websites may not be accessible over IPv6, and that I may not be able to convert back.

That's sounds a bit strange?!?
I'm pretty sure an IPv6 connection can display all IPv4 websites.

At some point IPv4 connections will fail to display websites as IP addresses run out.

There are lots of people already running IPv6 successfully.

There's lots to read(Google) about IPv6...
Here's Entanet's IPv6 explained as a starting point - they seem to be on the case which is good - some providers are behind.

But everything has a learning curve so perhaps it's not always best to dive in first!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.