GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"seo services - SPAM"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/05/14 at 07:19
Regular
We are having to resort to SPAM as no one can find us via a Search Engine!!!
Thu 19/06/14 at 12:41
"Are you sure?"
3in1 wrote:
You say you have had to resort to spam to get noticed...

I'm guessing this post was edited to read like this by a mod to remove nuisance spam as mods can't delete all posts ;¬)

As I'm sure we've all seen, there are plenty of people having to resort to SEO email and forum spam so the original posting would have read differently.

It always makes me smile when I see "the best ever SEO company" have to spam their services and using a gmail or hotmail account to do it!
Surely if they are so good they would have plenty of work from normal website traffic?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: I've just read your profile 3in1.
I can recommend switching to Freeola/Get Dotted for all your hosting requirements.
Thu 19/06/14 at 09:48
Regular
"WEB DESIGN / SEO"
Hi,

You say you have had to resort to spam to get noticed but you don't say what your website URL is or what phrase / phrases you want to be found for in Google.

I know it can be very frustrating trying to creep up the Google search engine rankings but there are quite a few things you can do yourself which will help. Spammy SEO, known in the SEO industry as Black Hat SEO only works for a very short time but will get you banned for a very long time.

The first thing I would do is have a look at the phrase(s) for which you want to be found. Has anyone done any keyword research for you or did you just go with your gut feeling to come up with your main key phrase ?

If it is the second, I would definitely recommend that you look at it again...

I will give you an example ... A good friend of mine is a business coach who works with women trying to succeed in businesses.

On her website, the main phrase she thought she wanted to be found for was "business coaching for women" but she was getting nowhere.

When we looked at it, we soon discovered why !

In the whole of May 2014, not one single person had entered that phrase into the Google. search engine. That was the bad news !

The good news was that 3164 people had entered the phrase "executive business coaching." - Many of whom were women.

So you really have to do some thorough keyword research before you even think about doing your SEO. What our gut tells us is often wrong.

I can give you more specific SEO tips here if you let me have a bit more info re your site URL.

One general rule though, which very few people seem to adhere to is to cover ONE aspect of your business and only ONE aspect of your business per page of your site. What most people seem to do is jumble their content up a bit too much and that is hopeless for SEO.

Another big fault is add to add exactly the same page title and page description and keywords to every page. It is a recipe for disaster.

Google does not examine your web SITE it looks at your web PAGES individually.

Obviously it is impractical if you have a site with hundreds of pages to optimise every one of them. So I always suggest that firms target their 5 most profitable products or services and create 5 feature pages where each page is only about ONE of them.

Do some thorough keyword research about each of those 5 products or services and apply it individually to each of those featured pages.

Please note however that when successfully optimised, ANY one of those 5 key pages could come up in a top 10 Google search (not your home page).

So if you do go down this route, make sure that all your contact details and / or links to your enquiry form are clearly included on these 5 specially optimised pages.

Set up some free analytics or tracking too. I always recommend Google Webmaster Tools. Another of my free favourites is STATCOUNTER. With these free tools you can monitor your progress and tweak if necessary.

Good Luck

Mike
3in1.co.uk
Sat 10/05/14 at 14:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
And they are also going to respond to 'spam' ... I think not ;¬)
Sat 10/05/14 at 14:15
Regular
"I like turtles"
Yeah, that should work.
Sat 10/05/14 at 07:19
Regular
We are having to resort to SPAM as no one can find us via a Search Engine!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.