GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MySQL"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/04/02 at 15:56
Regular
When are we going to see the lovely people of SR add this to their webspace?

I for one would love it, as we already enjoy SSI, CGI, Php and MySQL would be the next step I feel adding much more programming ability to our sites to make ours potentially the best on the web.

Is there a possibility of this in the near future as I plan to upgrade my gaming site and the inclusion of MySQL would dramatically improve the look and funtionalty of my site and Im sure many others.

So can we have it and when :)
Thu 18/04/02 at 08:03
============
Anj
============

Come on, give us MYSQL!! you know it makes sense!
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:09
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Well im sure when we dial up to upload anything, they might be taking something there!!
Fri 12/04/02 at 19:18
All I can say is...

============
Trev.
============

When you pay for a domain, Freeola must take a cut towards their 'free' hosting. Surely they can use that money to pay for the maintenance costs of MySQL (which *is* free, as you say).
Fri 12/04/02 at 15:36
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
So what sites have you lot got then?

I run a gaming site called GamingAttitude.

http://www.GamingAttitude.com

Its a gaming site, which is being rewritten, and im hoping MySQL will come along so I can optimise for it before I make the major changes. There are at least 80 pages to recode so the sooner the better MySQL :)

How about the rest of you?
Thu 11/04/02 at 13:06
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
He posted that, 3rd September 2001.
Wed 10/04/02 at 13:51
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
How long ago was that??
Wed 10/04/02 at 00:21
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just saw there is now a ukchatforums Archive .. so had a look for the old stuff about MySQL, and found this which Andy (the Freeola Admin put).

"Security. We need to ensure that no-one can get into the data. One day though we will offer it"

Seems a good reason to me :o).
Tue 09/04/02 at 20:11
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
cjh wrote:
> Well, Free User Admin, MySQL Free to install .... Would benifit us and Freeola
> (in terms on new business).

Actually, you might find offering too good a service forces them into giving up the free service. :)
The hosting is probably only sustainable as a free service while the uptake on it isn't too great and those sites that are hosted are using minimal bandwidth. Major uptake of their hosting services might mean degraded performance because of more bandwidth usage. Given the cost of bandwidth, it really might not be economical for them to upgrade it. Which leaves them with the choice of maintain a crap free service or maintain a decent paying one...

Of course, I'm quite probably talking rubbish because I have no clue how SR view their hosting services, so losses on it might be acceptable to them.

-G
Tue 09/04/02 at 17:47
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Well, Free User Admin, MySQL Free to install .... Would benifit us and Freeola (in terms on new business).
Tue 09/04/02 at 14:18
Regular
"hockeyphotos.com"
That's PHPMyAdmin - very useful, wouldn't be without it. Still needs MySQL on the server to be of any use.

Chris.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.