GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wolfenstien Really that Good?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/04/02 at 12:36
Regular
Any one think the hype around the new Wolfenstein game was just a result of a lack of good shooter titles from 2001?
Frankly I think so after playing Medal of Honour: Allied Assault and Jedi Knight II which were both better by far.
Sun 07/04/02 at 12:36
"Mimmargh!"
Any one think the hype around the new Wolfenstein game was just a result of a lack of good shooter titles from 2001?
Frankly I think so after playing Medal of Honour: Allied Assault and Jedi Knight II which were both better by far.
Sun 07/04/02 at 14:35
Yeah i was really dissaponted with it. Especially that crappy ending, i mean you spend 15 hours working on completing a game, only to find that the reward you get is some badly done cutscene witch probably only took someone 3 hours to do. What a bloody anti-climax.
Sun 07/04/02 at 14:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've only played the two demo's for RTCW, and I found that the multiplayer was the only decent thing in the game. The single player demo hasn't really given me a reason to go out and buy the game, but I'll probbably get it when it's out on budget, just for the multiplay.
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:04
"Mimmargh!"
Yea, multiplay is not that bad. The ending is, as is finding the secret treasure on every level for no reward whatsoever.
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:48
I bought RTCW on the strength of id's reputation alone without playing the demo and I must confess I was extremely disappointed and feel that it was vastly overrated, probably due to lack of really good FPS games at the time.

It doesn't compare to either Doom games or even the original Quake in terms of thrills. The level construction was formulaic and unexciting, the enemies briefly impressive but nothing like as terrifying as the (once) awesome Doom beasts. Yes, some of the graphic effects were neat but really that is all there was to it.

Multiplayer mode was average but it lacked either the purity of Quake III or sophistication of Counter-Strike.

Also after playing an FPS as stunning as Deus Ex it was always going to be hugely anticlimatic to return to the "shoot baddies, pull level, open door, advance" id software way of doing things. They're really going to have to dig deep with the raft of sequels - Doom III and Quake IV - planned next because RTCW was a big disappointment.
Sun 07/04/02 at 21:00
Regular
wolfentstein is very good...but very short it has good feel to it but something just isn't right
Mon 08/04/02 at 14:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The Multiplayer is the best online game out there right now.

The single player game is good, but having played Medal of Honour, it's not brilliant
Mon 08/04/02 at 16:26
"Mimmargh!"
I think your right there Goatboy. It was overated but the multiplay stood out, ultimatly its multiplay that keeps a game going or mods (e.g. Half-life).
Much like forgein food, sure the novelty of something new is good but where are you when your ill?? Huh? I hope your reading this ID!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.