GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SAVE FUTURAMA!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 23:34
Regular
I dont know if you've heard, but 20th Century Fox (the company that brings us the delights of the Simpsons) has decided to stop the production of its other popular cartoon series - FUTURAMA.

If this happens, after the current episodes are finished and broadcast, there will be no more made.

However, we might be able to prevent this happening. Just take 2 minutes to sign the online petition at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/futufu/

There's already over 100,000 signatures, so please add yours. Even if you are not a fan of the series, please just sign the petition, it takes literally 2 minutes.

We can't let one of the best programmes on TV disapear.

I know this isn't really to do with 'the future of gaming' but i'd like as many people as possible to sign the petition.

DONT LET FUTURAMA DIE

ps: If you sign the petition, please just post a note here so I can see how many people do.

Thanks
Mon 08/04/02 at 13:02
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Mattyboy wrote:

I may be wrong but I heard a while back that the people behind the
> voiceovers in the Simpsons have all been signed up to do at least three films!!

Yeah thats what I made a post about a while ago. How poor was the last new episode of the simpsons?

Hopefully we will still get the Futurama DVD's and games
Sun 07/04/02 at 17:41
Regular
"Whatever!"
Fake Spam wrote:
> Protoss wrote:
> Yea, i think its time for the Simpsons to call it a day,
>
someguy was saying
> that the Simpsons would make a film and that would be
> the last one ever.

there is definately a Simpsons film, it's being made at
> the moment, but I dont know if its the last one ever? I dont think it'd be a bad
> thing if it was.

I may be wrong but I heard a while back that the people behind the voiceovers in the Simpsons have all been signed up to do at least three films!!
Sun 07/04/02 at 17:32
Protoss wrote:
> Yea, i think its time for the Simpsons to call it a day,
someguy was saying
> that the Simpsons would make a film and that would be the last one ever.

there is definately a Simpsons film, it's being made at the moment, but I dont know if its the last one ever? I dont think it'd be a bad thing if it was.
Sun 07/04/02 at 15:16
"Mimmargh!"
Yea, i think its time for the Simpsons to call it a day,
someguy was saying that the Simpsons would make a film and that would be the last one ever.
Sun 07/04/02 at 14:40
Treguard wrote:
> I think they would be better off cancelling the simpsons. As the last 3 season
> have been pathetic, and embarrisingly unfunny. Whereas futurama isn't quite
> oldschool simpson but still better than the new ones.

Exactly! they've run out of jokes and ideas, it's past its best. Futurama has far more potential because theres so many possibilitys because they aren't limited to one town.
Sun 07/04/02 at 14:37
Regular
"omlette du fromage"
I think they would be better off cancelling the simpsons. As the last 3 season have been pathetic, and embarrisingly unfunny. Whereas futurama isn't quite oldschool simpson but still better than the new ones.
Sun 07/04/02 at 14:23
The_Flying_Hawkstar wrote:

>i would rather Matt
> groening spent more time on The Simpsons as the recent >episodes haven't been that good

Matt Groening doesn't actually write the episodes of the simpsons or futurama, he just came up with the ideas and designed the characters etc. So dont blame him, he's not the one who needs to spend time on it, its the writers.

besides, how much further can the simpsons go? it must be hard to come up with new ideas, they've done everything! Futurama has endless possibilitys, they just invent new planets and stuff.
Sun 07/04/02 at 14:04
the best episode is where they go back in time to Roswell, and Fry impregnates his own grandma - sick, but amusing
Sun 07/04/02 at 13:48
I love the episode when Fry becomes an emporer by drinking the previous one! Those were the days, he just like a teenage Homer Simpson, but with alot less brains! If thats humanly possible that is!
Sun 07/04/02 at 13:19
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
That was on Yesterday, I wondered why Bender was sitting at the end? I thought it might have had something to do with the getting stuck in time episode, I didn't really notice anything else.

Anybody seen the 'What if' episode of Futurama? I thought that one was pretty good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.