GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Withdraw a sent email ?possible?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/02/14 at 13:49
Regular
Can anyone help me to withdraw a sent email please. I can see the sent message on my webmail but can find no way of unsending it. In Outlook, had I used Outlook there is a feature to do this but as I used my ipad and email pro I dont know if its possible
Sat 01/02/14 at 13:49
Regular
Can anyone help me to withdraw a sent email please. I can see the sent message on my webmail but can find no way of unsending it. In Outlook, had I used Outlook there is a feature to do this but as I used my ipad and email pro I dont know if its possible
Sat 01/02/14 at 14:51
Regular
Solved, there is no way at present but is being recommended for the future.
Sat 01/02/14 at 15:13
"Are you sure?"
Hi and welcome to the forums!

No, once an email is out into the ether it's too late.

Outlook's 'recall' feature will only work if people are using MS Exchange as far as I know. Details here from MS

Where people/companies have used Outlook to attempt to 'recall' an email another 'attempted to recall' email is generated. This normally only highlights the original error and makes everyone rush to read the original to see what they've said! :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 15/03/14 at 16:13
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forums!

No, once an email is out into the ether it's too late.

Outlook's 'recall' feature will only work if people are using MS Exchange as far as I know. Details here from MS

Where people/companies have used Outlook to attempt to 'recall' an email another 'attempted to recall' email is generated. This normally only highlights the original error and makes everyone rush to read the original to see what they've said! :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

dont that fall under the streisand effect

The Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.
Sat 15/03/14 at 17:00
"Are you sure?"
I guess it does :¬)
Probably overtaken these days by the 'super-injunction'...

A good BBC article here: The Streisand Effect: When censorship backfires

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT:
That link mentions Martha Payne and her Never Seconds Blog.

I remember the storey when it broke - very touching...
Martha has now made over £130,000 pounds for the Mary's Meals charity!!!

The video on her Never Seconds blog is worth a look...
Sat 15/03/14 at 20:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Oh dear ... not levels within a building again;¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.