GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virtua Fighter 4"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/04/02 at 20:49
Regular
Now the chances are that i am slow of the mark but i have just heard that you can create your own chracter on VF4. You will be able to use this character in the Kumite mode, this is like the season mode in a football game, where you will be able to unlock new clothing, new clothing colours and special items. The Kumite mode will run on a ranking system, the higher you are up the ladder then the better you are. You will unlock the items by beating certain characters in fights that are wearing a piece of clothing that you haven't unlocked. You will also be able to unlock items and clothing by gaining winning streaks of 50 wins and 100 wins etc.

There will also be 3 different types of training. The 3 are listed below:

Command Training: this should be your starting point once you have purchased VF4. Cammand Training does what it says on the lable (all copywrite to the line is with Ronsill i think), it will tell you the commands you will need to know to pull of your characters moves.

Free Training: this is where you can pull of those commands you have just learned. It is also a place to learn other characters strengths and weaknesses.

Trial Training: this should always be looked at before starting the Kumite mode. It will help you if you aren't very good at the tactics needed in VF4. It will help you to evade attacks and to help you recover from alot of damage etc. I have also heard that if you finish the Trial Training while using a created character then you will recieve a nice little trophy that will be displayed in your characters profile.

Now as i have already said i don't expect this to be brand new news to your ears but if it is please post and tell me more that VF4 will contain. Once again, i am grateful for your help.
Tue 09/04/02 at 00:12
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
AbsoluT Neo wrote:
> I think they should make fighting games in to scrolling beat em ups for the
> added incentive to play it more

sorry what I meant was to have the option of playing the one on one fighting games as a scrolling beat em up.
Tue 09/04/02 at 00:04
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I think they should make fighting games in to scrolling beat em ups for the added incentive to play it more
Mon 08/04/02 at 21:32
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Well I already have the money for Virtua Fighter 4, but the only reason I am concerned is because I already have Tekken Tag. Now I know that it isnt very good and that Virtua Fighter is going to be the best fighting game on the PS2, but the thing that bothers me is that its still a fighting game.

When I purchased Tekken Tag just over a week ago, I though tI would play it a lot and keep coming back to it. No such luck....I played it for 2 nights, unlocked 5-6 characters, played 6 bouts with my mate and......thats it.I havnt really touched it since. It is a good game but doesnt provide enough incentive to come back.

I watched the PSW DVD and must say VF4 looks superb-the action looks much faster than Tekken tag and an abundance of modes is impressive. I will probably get it due to no other top quality games coming out during that period of time, but I would have to think hard before buying it if any other games were released round the same time
Sun 07/04/02 at 13:23
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> I'd highly recommend Soul Calibur 2- tekken but faster and with weapons!

Soul Calibur on the DC is without a doubt the best fighting game I have ever played. It is far better than Tekken Tag so I have extremely high hopes for Soul Calibur 2.

I also have high hopes for VF4 though (not as high as SC2 but higher than T4) and have claimed it for a GAD prize too.
Sun 07/04/02 at 11:35
Regular
read the review its quite good this game sounds really good especially the create a character mode you wouldn't see that in Tekken.
Sun 07/04/02 at 08:17
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Ive just posted a review of VF4 so could you check it out and post back with your coments please.
Sat 06/04/02 at 21:51
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I'd highly recommend Soul Calibur 2- tekken but faster and with weapons!
Sat 06/04/02 at 21:05
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
yeah the tekken series does get a bit repetetive after a while!
Sat 06/04/02 at 21:00
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Im not sure but everything I hear about the game seems to be positive.

Ive just claimed it as my GAD prize.

Can't wait.

I believe it will be better than Tekkan.
Sat 06/04/02 at 20:57
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, as I'm sure you'll appreciate, VF is a VERY hard game to get into, so Suzuki-san has included this mode to extend the game's appeal. Now you can make a fighters and try them out against mates' fighters! Pretty cool!

Now, has the game been out on the DC, then you would have been able to download the game onto your VMU (memory unit), and take it to the arcade to try out! Shame!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.