GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Game Completion Log"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/01/14 at 11:06
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Hey guys, I read an article in the new year called "Games I Completed in 2013", where the author lists all the games played for the calender year and which of those he ended up completing. It was definitely and interesting read and it got me wondering: What would my list have looked like?

More importantly, I wondered whether I'd be satisfied with the played vs. completed ratio, but I was hardly prepared to go trawling through my physical and digital libraries across platforms to work it out for the previous year. So as of the 1st January, I have been documenting games played, with completion and 100% achievement/trophy listings.

The rules I've set myself are pretty simple:

1) Any game played for beyond 30 minutes is to be added to the "games played" list provided the game is to be owned or rented for a significant amount of time (i.e. games played around friends houses will not be added)

2) Completion refers to completion of the story - to an end game credits or other expected finish point (final mission completion before free roam) and does not include completion of side missionss.

3) 100% refers to the completion of trophy or achievement lists, and is as such self explanatory. It is not an available stat for games without such lists

4) Games without an end game (e.g. Football Manager) will be considered "completed" when 100% is also achieved

5) Games without an end game that can be 100%d without completion of the story (e.g. Trine 2) will not be considered completed with 100% achievement/trophy.

I'm hoping to post the full list and results in the new year. The aims are simply to give an insight to both myself and the rest of you on my playing habits (genres, consoles and likelihood to complete). I'm also hoping that this might concentrate me into finishing the games I start playing (I've been pretty poor for doing that in the past). Anyone else is free to join in, I think it'd be interesting to compare.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 23/01/14 at 11:06
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Hey guys, I read an article in the new year called "Games I Completed in 2013", where the author lists all the games played for the calender year and which of those he ended up completing. It was definitely and interesting read and it got me wondering: What would my list have looked like?

More importantly, I wondered whether I'd be satisfied with the played vs. completed ratio, but I was hardly prepared to go trawling through my physical and digital libraries across platforms to work it out for the previous year. So as of the 1st January, I have been documenting games played, with completion and 100% achievement/trophy listings.

The rules I've set myself are pretty simple:

1) Any game played for beyond 30 minutes is to be added to the "games played" list provided the game is to be owned or rented for a significant amount of time (i.e. games played around friends houses will not be added)

2) Completion refers to completion of the story - to an end game credits or other expected finish point (final mission completion before free roam) and does not include completion of side missionss.

3) 100% refers to the completion of trophy or achievement lists, and is as such self explanatory. It is not an available stat for games without such lists

4) Games without an end game (e.g. Football Manager) will be considered "completed" when 100% is also achieved

5) Games without an end game that can be 100%d without completion of the story (e.g. Trine 2) will not be considered completed with 100% achievement/trophy.

I'm hoping to post the full list and results in the new year. The aims are simply to give an insight to both myself and the rest of you on my playing habits (genres, consoles and likelihood to complete). I'm also hoping that this might concentrate me into finishing the games I start playing (I've been pretty poor for doing that in the past). Anyone else is free to join in, I think it'd be interesting to compare.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.