GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Very Erratic Connection"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/10/13 at 22:01
Regular
"I like turtles"
Experiencing a very erratic connection this evening, OK one minute then virtually grinds to a halt the next? Just done some speedtests got this then did another shortly after and got this

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Could this be a local issue which may clear itself or does this need looking at?
Fri 01/11/13 at 18:32
Regular
"I like turtles"
Seems fine this evening. There was some issue at our local exchange yesterday which was not rectified until late this morning. All intruder alarms being monitored on BT's Redcare system went off even though the lines themselves still seemed operational. Perhaps this issue effected some internet connections? (my friends were all OK but they are on fibre).

DL, no problem would have gladly sent it to you. Code is no use to me, haven't got the game.
Fri 01/11/13 at 09:43
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
DL, I've got a double XP code thing for this weekend for Battlefield 4 if that's any use to you? If you would like it just stick a disposable email address on here and I'll send it to you.

Thanks for the offer pete ... appreciate it. However, I haven't yet made a decision to join this Battlefield so will have to give it a miss this time. It would have been useful though ;¬)
Fri 01/11/13 at 09:17
"Are you sure?"
Morning Pete,
Your router log wouldn't normally show error counts etc.

You need to look for Error Seconds, CRC, HEC & FEC errors in your router interface. All routers present these differently, some use a status type page others you have to use telnet to get the info.

See my old RouterStats post. I can't recommend this free s/w enough if you want to monitor your connection and understand what's going on.

For example if there is an issue with your line the error counts will go through the roof and your throughput will suffer - so it might be something you want to look into just so you can be happy the issue you're seeing isn't related to your line or equipment?

NB. Seeing errors is normal - they are corrected by the router, but too many shows something isn't right.

PS. I would still swap my long 20CN line for yours!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 31/10/13 at 23:13
Regular
"I like turtles"
Hi guys, just checked router log only thing it shows is a single ''timed out'' message (when I was logged in to it), other than that everything looks OK. Nothing else is being used on the connection, wired test no different. Speed is all over the place and has been all night. I'll see what it's like in the morning and if still the same I'll raise a ticket.

DL, I've got a double XP code thing for this weekend for Battlefield 4 if that's any use to you? If you would like it just stick a disposable email address on here and I'll send it to you.
Thu 31/10/13 at 22:54
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
And here is yet another one ...

... you got a test result Hmmm to share?
Thu 31/10/13 at 22:28
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just got this result pete

... and this with a new BF4 fanatic, in an adjacent room, eagerly awaiting 'midnight' ;¬)
Thu 31/10/13 at 22:24
"Are you sure?"
Hi Pete.
If you are testing via a wireless connection I would try re-testing using a wired one in case you wireless channel is congested or having problems.

Have you checked the error counts via your router interface?

I take it you are happy no one else is using the connection when you are testing?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 31/10/13 at 22:01
Regular
"I like turtles"
Experiencing a very erratic connection this evening, OK one minute then virtually grinds to a halt the next? Just done some speedtests got this then did another shortly after and got this

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Could this be a local issue which may clear itself or does this need looking at?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.